In Mordern, this fall, the conference will explore the changing face of rural Manitoba, as communities strive to become richer through immigration and multiculturalism.
- Learn best practices from communities that have successfully created welcoming communities for newcomers
- Build knowledge and awareness of Manitoba’s rich and diverse cultures
- Hear first-hand accounts from newcomers who have chosen rural Manitoba as a place to settle and do business
- Discuss strategies to address some of the challenges and opportunities that rapid growth can bring
- Explore the untapped markets—both local and abroad—that newcomers represent
- Consider the role of newcomers in helping diversify and grow your local economies
This year’s hosts, Community Futures Heartland and Community Futures Triple R, are proud to showcase their thriving regions, with activities centred around Winkler, Morden, RM of Stanley, and the Pembina Valley. Local attractions can be seen here.