7 October, 2013 to 11 October, 2013
Join Adam Kahane, Tom Kelly, Stephen Huddart, Ratna Omidvar, Catherine Twinn along with Liz Weaver, Mark Cabaj, and me for an unprecedented leadership event designed for those who desire new ways to lead, engage and transform their communities and accelerate their collective impact by linking local efforts to provincial, state and national agendas.
Inspired by the insights and perspectives of celebrated thought-leaders, it is an opportunity to rejuvenate and strengthen your ability to engage and mobilize across sectors to advance a common community agenda for transformation.
Learn More: download the event brochure and visit the website.
Tamarack’s Communities Collaborating Institute is Canada’s signature, learning event for collective impact professionals. The 2013 CCI: Accelerating Impact is geared specifically for those wanting to strengthen their capacity to create large-scale, community-wide impact – linked to provincial/state or national agendas.
Registration officially opens today, Tuesday March 19th, 2013. This email offers you a first look at the event and provides an early opportunity to confirm your participation. This event has been over-subscribed each of the past six years and we expect the same this year in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Date: October 7 - 11, 2013
- Location: Edmonton, Alberta
- Venue: Radisson Edmonton South Hotel
- More information & registration: www.tamarackcommunity.ca/
ABOUT THE 2013 CCI
Cities and communities achieving large-scale social change and working at the provincial, state and national levels to connect, learn, advocate and transform federal agendas. The 2013 CCI: Accelerating Impact promises to be a dynamic peer learning opportunity with a special focus on transformative techniques for uniting diverse opinions into a common agenda for social change.
Change leaders need both ideas and techniques. The 2013 CCI promises a special focus on transformative techniques for uniting diverse opinions into a common agenda for social change. These include: Scenario Planning, Change Labs, Working Effectively with Complexity, Developmental Evaluation, Collaborative Governance, Community Conversations and more. Click here to view the event’s evolving Learning Agenda.
The Thought-Leaders already confirmed to join Tamarack at this dynamic event include:
- Adam Kahane is a leading organizer, designer and facilitator of processes through which business, government and civil society leaders to work together to address their toughest, most complex challenges. An author of four books – including Transformative Scenario Planning: Working Together to Change the Future – Adam is a partner in Reos Partners and an Associate Fellow of the Institute for Science, Innovation and Society at the University of Oxford's Said Business School.
- Tom Kelly is on the cutting edge of evaluation. We know him as one of the founders and key promoters of the Theory of Change Methodology - a process we consider to be one of the most significant to understanding large scale collaboration. A graduate of Harvard University he is an evaluation trainer, coach, coordinator, facilitator, investor, and more often translator and broker between foundation program officers and evaluators. He Vice President - Knowledge, Evaluation and Learning at Hawaii Community Foundation and prior to that managed evaluation investments and capacity-building at The Annie E. Casey Foundation.
- Other dynamic Thought-Leaders who will join the Learning Community at the 2013 CCI: Accelerating Impact include: Ratna Omidvar, president of Maytree; Stephen Huddart, President and CEO of the J.W. McConnell Family Foundation; Catherine Twinn, Assistant Deputy Minister, Aboriginal Engagement and Strategy Division, Alberta Human Services; and, Liz Weaver, Vice-President of Tamarack and lead for Vibrant Communities Canada -Cities Reducing Poverty. Visit us online here to learn more about our evolving list of Thought-Leaders and Facilitators.
REGISTER EARLY TO RESERVE YOUR SEAT
We understand that you may need organizational approval before your attendance can be confirmed, however, if you are interested, we encourage you to register now in order to reserve your seat. Online registration is available now on the Tamarack website here. Our team at Tamarack is happy to work with you to firm up the details of your participation.
REDUCED RATES FOR TWO OR MORE
Special reduced rates are available for two or more participants from a community, organization or network who agree to attend together. For more details, visit us online here.
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
Help us spread the word about this event to colleagues and community partners by using this link.