Get ready to eat, breathe, talk and experience municipal sustainability - Atlantic-style!
The 2014 FCM Sustainable Communities Conference and Trade Show (SCC) is heading to Charlottetown, PE. Find out how you can make your community safer, stronger and greener - come and join hundreds of your municipal colleagues as they meet to discuss how to adapt for extreme weather events and overcome today's challenges to local sustainability.
Running under the theme Sink or Swim: New Approaches to Adaptation and Resilience, this year's SCC will deliver an action-packed, three-day learning experience, complete with a full day of advanced training, networking opportunities and Island hospitality. Plus, it will have all-new content organized under three main streams:
- Building resilient, adaptive communities
- Optimizing our assets and infrastructure
- Collaboration and innovation
Whether your municipality is just getting started with its sustainability programs or well down the green road, the SCC will meet your needs with content that appeals to big cities, smaller urban centres and rural and remote communities.
Three BIG reasons to attend ...
- Atlantic flavour - The SCC comes to the Maritimes for the first time and will dish out a generous helping of the region's renowned warmth and hospitality to go with local examples of sustainability leadership that you can learn from and bring home with you.
- Advanced training - Delegates asked for more training and now we have it, with full-day courses (with accreditation for some) to boost your knowledge and capacity around specific sustainability challenges.
- Hot topics - After witnessing devastating flooding, fires and other extreme-weather events, everyone wants to know how to make their communities more resilient and sustainable. We'll hear how Canadian communities are getting there, from coast to coast to coast.
Come to Prince Edward Island and be part of our best SCC yet! See you in Charlottetown!