6 March, 2014
Community Finance Solutions provides expert advisory support to high-potential initiatives creating new impact investing funds and innovative financial products. We envision a vibrant marketplace of effective impact investing funds and innovative financial products in communities across Canada, pooling and placing capital to create social and environmental impact.
The national launch will take place on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at 12 p.m. EST through a webinar. The launch event is entitled Creating Funds for Social and Environmental Impact and will provide an insider’s view on developing a new impact investing fund. The launch webinar will be moderated by Katie Gibson from the MaRS Centre for Impact Investing and will feature the following speakers:
- Jane Bisbee, Social Enterprise Fund (Edmonton, AB)
- Garth Davis, New Market Funds (Vancouver, BC)
- Margie Mendell, Concordia University speaking about La Fiducie du Chantier de l'économie sociale (Montreal, QC)
Who is eligible for support?
Our clients are individuals and organisations located across Canada who are working to launch new impact investing funds or innovative financial products. Please see our online application for more details.
Community Finance Solutions could support the following types of initiatives:
- Creation of an investment fund focusing on First Nations communities, affordable housing, sustainable food and water, or renewable energy;
- Development of a community loan fund for local businesses;
- Creation of a blended philanthropic and investment fund to finance projects with a social mission;
- Issuance of a community bond to finance an infrastructure project; and
- A variety of other impact investing funds and products that meet our established criteria.
For more information or if you have further questions about Community Finance Solutions, please contact email@example.com or visit our website.
MaRS Centre for Impact Investing