6 October, 2014 to 9 October, 2014
A second International Summit of Cooperatives is set to take place next year and will unite co-operative business leaders from around the world.
Canadian financial co-operative Desjardins Group and the International Co-operative Alliance (ICA) will be teaming up again for this major gathering of the global co-operative and mutual community in Quebec City, 6–9 October, 2014.
With this second conference, the organisers are planning to create a forum for decision-makers from the top co-operatives and mutuals, and to make sure they leave the Summit with new ideas and strategies that will help to improve the performance of their enterprise.
About the Summit:
The Summit is the biennial meeting place for leaders from the cooperative and mutalist worlds who want to discuss their concerns about the current and future challenges they all share.
During this international forum, they will be able to find ways of tackling the development and performance challenges they face. The Summit will also give them an opportunity to set up a worldwide network in order to create a real sphere of influence in economic and political arenas, and ensure that cooperatives and mutuals take their rightful place on the world stage.
The 2014 Summit is especially for:
- 2012 International Summit of Cooperatives participants;
- presidents, CEOs and members of the board of directors of cooperatives and mutuals;
- senior management and members of the board of directors of cooperative and mutual associations;
- auxiliary members of cooperative and mutual associations (Centres for Studies, Research Chairs, universities, foundations, focus groups, etc.);
- future business leaders of cooperatives and mutuals;
- members of governments, diplomats and consuls of countries where the cooperative model is well-established;
- representatives of the regulatory authorities;
- representatives of supranational organizations;
- academics, researchers and economists interested in the cooperative and mutualist model;
- representatives of industries based on the cooperative and mutualist business models (forestry, agriculture, retail, goods and services, insurance, finances, health, housing, etc.);
- local, provincial, national and international media.
Mark your calendars for this not-to-be-missed event taking place in the World heritage city of Quebec, Canada, from October 6 to 9, 2014.
International Summit of Cooperatives 2014
Quebec City QuebecCanada