This webinar, brought to you by the Canadian CED Network in Ontario and partners, explores the enterprise types developed by two organizations, Groupe Convex and St. Joseph's Care Group (Team Werks Co-op), ranging from cafes to recycling, woodshops to casual labour and so much more. Creating multiple enterprises is a proven strategy to scale up the impacts of social enterprises in communities. Hear the stories of how it was accomplished, why this strategy was selected and why each chose the unique model it has.
Doug Dowhos has been recognized at a local, provincial and federal level for innovative partnerships and business development in the health and social service sector. A proven leader in the creation and management of entrepreneurial ventures with social and business mandates.
Links to some other Ontario-based organizations that have adopted the Multiple SE strategy for growth.
Shared on SEontario.org stories
- Youth Opportunities Unlimited (YOU), London
- London Training Centre, London
- Community Opportunity & Innovation Network Inc. (COIN), Peterborough
- Operation Come Home, Ottawa
Not yet on SEontario.org Stories
- Session 1: Developing Multiple Enterprises - An Effective Growth Strategy
- Session 2: Shared Space - for Co-workers, for Communities
- Session 3: Municipal Support of Social Enterprises - Innovative Local Governments
- seontario.org - Ontario's community-driven showcase of social enterprise and the social economy
For more information, contact Paul Chamberlain at pchamberlain at ccednet-rcdec.ca