From financing a building to building a community, these two models of shared space, Common Roof and The Forge, provide lessons and inspiration for anyone thinking of developing or working in these kinds of settings. With expertise as landlords and leaders, Glen and Rebecca will answer your questions about shared space.
- This is a recording of a 1-hour webinar that took place on November 18, 2014
- The session begins with presentations by Glen and Rebecca, followed by an interactive question and answer period facilitated by CCEDNet's Ontario Director Paul Chamberlain.
- This session is in English.
- You will need speakers or a headset on your computer. To ensure your system will be compatible with our webinar platform, try this connection test or look at the Adobe Connect quick start guide prior to the session.
Glen Newby, President and CEO of New Path Foundation, will share the story of the Common Roof initiatives which provide a multi-sector base of human service expertise to some 10,000 clients. Now eight years old with locations in Orillia & Barrie, this is a story of strategic, affordable, and sustainable multi-tenant shared space and services, all within a social enterprise framework.
Rebecca Danard, ED of reThink Green, will tell us about The Forge, a new environmentally friendly co-working and collaboration space in Sudbury. The transformation of the building has been a story in itself but the real story is the supportive and inclusive community being developed.
- You will need speakers or a headset on your computer to participate. To ensure your system will be compatible with our webinar platform, try this connection test or look at the Adobe Connect quick start guide prior to the session.
Please click here to email us for
your discount code. Once you
have it, you can register below.
|$20 for this webinar
Become a member!
Or register directly below
- Session 1: Developing Multiple Enterprises - An Effective Growth Strategy, November 13
- Session 2: Shared Space - for Co-workers, for Communities, November 18
- Session 3: Municipal Support of Social Enterprises - Innovative Local Governments, November 25
- seontario.org - Ontario's community-driven showcase of social enterprise and the social economy
For more information, contact Paul Chamberlain at pchamberlain at ccednet-rcdec.ca