11:30am to 1:00pm Mountain Time
Glenbow Museum Theatre
130 9 Avenue SE
It is entirely possible to make money with a business whose goals are to solve the world’s problems. Meet five incredible social entrepreneurs whose companies are tackling the world’s problems, all while conquering markets! You’ve seen their Beakerhead for a Better World exhibits around town, now hear their extraordinary journeys.
- Ecovative Design (USA), creators of the organic mushroom blocks®
- SunSaluter (Canada), personal solar energy sources
- Aspire Food Group (USA), international expert at the forefront of the crickets-for-food movement
- Nanoleaf (USA), the world’s most efficient light bulb with a lifespan of between 27 and 40 years, and
- BB Suit (The Netherlands), suit that purifies the air around the wearer.
Boxed lunch prepared by Nicole Gomes from Canada’s Top Chef, included – all made with locally-sourced food! Vegetarian option will also be available.
This is a Beakerhead for a Better World project, presented in partnership with Trico Charitable Foundation.
About the Bakerhead Creative Society
Beakerhead is an international smash up of art, science and engineering erupting on the streets of Calgary on September 16-20, 2015. On the surface, Beakerhead looks like a week of spectacular fun very September. But it's more than a schedule of mesmerizing events: it's a time and place where engineers show their creative sides, artists get technical and where science hits the streets and everyone gets ingenious.