12:00pm - 1:00pm Eastern Time
This is an information webinar for those who are thinking about taking one of the courses through the CoopZone On-line Training Program. This webinar is open to anyone.
Please RSVP to Hazel Corcoran (hazel at canadianworker.coop) by the day prior. You will receive the dial-in information by the start of the day of the call. (If you do not receive it by then, please write again at that time.)
CoopZone offers various levels of training:
- The Introduction to Co-op Development course is appropriate for people interested in understanding the types and roles of co-ops and the basic co-op development process but who will not be active developers; it lasts half as many weeks as Foundations, and it runs from late October through March;
- The Foundations Program course lasts for one year (mid-October - May). This level is designed for individuals who are in the position of advising groups interested in exploring the creation of a co-operative enterprise;
- The Advanced Program lasts for two years and both years will be offered each year if there is sufficient demand. This level is designed for people who seek to provide full development services to co-operatives.
All of these on-line courses are designed to fit around a full-time job (a few hours per week). There is a new Course Director, Eric Tusz-King. Experienced co-op developers provide mentoring to students.
To learn more about this course and obtain the application form, please go to: www.coopzone.coop/courses or write to Eric Tusz-King at: CoopZoneTraining at gmail.com.
Here's what some of the students have had to say:
"The course is concise, informative and interactive. Mentors and course director are very knowledgeable, skilled, experienced, approachable and helpful. The readings and tools were very useful." Billy Granger, SEED Winnipeg
"I would absolutely recommend the CoopZone program to anybody interested. The course is pretty amazing in the way that it creates a common community amongst us aspiring co-op developers and several fully established and tremendously experienced ones. The instructors are great, and the mentoring system gives me the chance to have hours of one-on-one time with an expert in my desired field." Joel Ratcliffe, Ontario
"After working and consulting with non-profits for over 20 years, Co-op Zone training has given me the understanding and tools to finally be able to work with co-ops. During the course I had 4 groups engage me to help start or transition their co-op, and my assigned mentor as well as the CoopZone network helped guide me through it. Thank you!" Rick Juliusson, FreeRange Consulting, BC
"What I like about the program:
- The webinars and online presentations, and the opportunity to connect with others across the country involved in the same work.
- The mentor element is great it’s been wonderful to have access to (my mentor’s) wealth of knowledge and perspectives.
- Access to the CoopZone listserv & tele-learning sessions has been good, too.
- The wonderfully curated and assembled reading materials.
- Learning together with great people–the director, cohort and mentors.” Zoë Creighton, Upper Columbia Co-op Council, BC