5:30pm to 7:30pm
Amber Room of the Matrix Hotel
10640, 100 Avenue
November 22 is an opportunity for the co-operative and credit union sector to get to know the MLAs and vice-versa. We’re expecting a business-casual environment, where everyone in attendance is open to networking and relationship building. Refreshments and light appetizers will be available, with the focus being on conversations, not presentations.
Register for the ACCA MLA Reception
This event is open to all ACCA members and Alberta’s Members of Legislative Assembly. This stand-up reception will be hosted by the members of the Alberta Community and Co-operative Association (ACCA), and made possible through ticket sales and attendance of member organizations. MLAs are not required to RSVP and will attend free of charge. Many NDP, Wildrose and Conservative MLAs have already expressed their interest and commitment in attending.
How to Get Involved:
- Buy your tickets early and make sure you attend the reception. Become an active part of the conversation and inspire your local and surrounding MLAs to understand Alberta’s co-operative advantage.
- Contact your local MLA and extend a personal invitation, after all this event is being hosted by you, ACCA members.
- Click here to find contact information for all MLAs in Alberta.
- Click here to see the copy of ACCA’s Invitation to MLAs.
- Scroll down for sample messaging you can use in your personalized invitation.
- Join the #TalkCoop2016 conversation on Twitter. Use hashtags like #ABLeg and #ABPoli to let the government know co-ops are important to you and that you hope they’ll attend our reception on November 22 to find out more about them.
Resource Material for co-ops and credit unions:
If you’d like to chat more about this event, please contact Seth Leon, Manager of Co-operative Services at sleon at acca.coop or 587-216-2144.
Sample Messaging for Personalized Invitations:
I am writing to invite members of the legislative assembly to an all members’ reception hosted by the Alberta Community and Co-operative Association (ACCA).
The event takes place on Tuesday, November 22nd from 5:30-7:30PM at the Matrix Hotel (10640, 100th Avenue NW, Edmonton, Alberta) in the Amber Room. This wine and cheese event is an opportunity for all MLAs to meet with boards of directors and executives from Alberta’s co-operative business and credit union sector. Board members of ACCA represents some of the largest co-operatives and credit unions in the province including, UFA Cooperatives Ltd., Federation of Alberta Gas Co-operatives, Calgary Co-op, Credit Union Central of Alberta, Servus Credit Union, and many more.
Alberta Community and Co-operative Association MLA reception
Tuesday, November 22nd from 5:30-7:30PM
Amber Room, Matrix Hotel (10640, 100th, Edmonton, Alberta)
Co-operatives are in every constituency, and across all industries. They are owned by and committed to, the people who live there. It is regarded as one most resilient business structures and a driver of economic development in the province.
Please drop by the Matrix Hotel to meet and mingle with the leaders who run co-ops and credit unions in our province, and discover what Alberta’s Co-operative Advantage is all about. If you have any questions, or would like to learn more about the event, please do not hesitate to contact me.