9am to 4:30pm
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, Victoria Room (2nd flr)
108 Chestnut Street
Managing a housing co-op is different from managing other types of rental housing. You still have to pay the bills, fill vacancies and keep the property in good repair. But as a co-op manager, you’re working for a democratically controlled organization. You have to help the board and members govern the co-op. You also need to understand the laws unique to co-op housing and the program rules that are part of the co-op’s funding arrangements with government.
Register for An Introduction to Co-op Housing Management
Registration closes March 14, 2017 or when course is full
Payment can only be made by cheque
An Introduction to Co-operative Housing Management will offer a lively introduction to the unique features of co-op housing management. Materials have been updated to reflect current best practices, and any relevant changes to legislation.
At the session you will get:
- two days’ of management training, delivered by some of the co-op sector’s most experienced educators
- a chance to ask questions, discuss issues and do case studies
- ideas and inspiration from your peers
- a reference binder filled with useful information
- a good grounding in the basics every co-op manager needs to do the best job possible.
This workshop has been designed for new managers or people preparing to work for a housing co-op in Ontario. It is also a good resource for co-op managers looking to refresh their training or new service manager staff.