7:30am - 9:30pm
Courtyard by Marriott, Downtown Toronto
475 Yonge St.
This year's conference will focus on the UN's Sustainable Development Goals, and how Ontario co-operatives can work towards becoming more sustainable - both within their own organizations and together, as a movement.
The main goal with this year's provincial gathering is to instill inspiration and provide some basic tools for co-operative leaders, directors, staff and members of co-operative organizations, to make positive changes within their organization, as well as provide opportunities for creating connections and collaborations, that will go well beyond the one-day conference.
Register for People, Planet and Prosperity: Co-operatives and Sustainability
Delegates will receive first-hand accounts of sustainability at practice within a variety of co-operatives and business sectors, and the differences that these organizations are making within their communities. Delegates will also examine some of the obstacles facing Ontario's co-operatives and which prevent us from achieving sustainable development, and brainstorm ways to overcome these challenges. They will then regroup and share our ideas. And something new and exciting that they have added for the first time ever: the highlights and takeaways of the conference will be packaged for our delegates in one final wrap-up session, which will leave them inspired and ready to take action!
Delegates are then invited to join in a networking cocktail reception (included as part of the conference), and to end the day with a very special evening Banquet & Fundraiser, along with leaders of Ontario's credit union system!
This year's event will take place all-day and include:
- A networking reception over a hot buffet breakfast
- The On Co-op Annual General Meeting
- A morning Keynote Address & Plenary sessions
- The Co-operative Spirit Awards ceremony and a hot buffet lunch
- Afternoon interactive breakout sessions
- A cocktail reception (held in partnership with the Directors' Forum)
- A very sepcial evening Banquet & Fundraiser, hosted by On Co-op in partnership with the Co-operative Development Foundation of Canada (CDF). This will be a joint event with the delegates of the 2017 Credit Union Directors' Forum - a wonderful and unique opportunity to network with Ontario's credit union system!