9:00 am to 12:00 pm
United Way of Winnipeg Learning Centre
1st floor, 580 Main St.
CCEDNet Mbrs: $25 | Non-Members: $75
Not a member? Join CCEDNet
This workshop will distill brand elements into three simple questions: Who are you? How do you help? And who do you serve? The goal is to discover brand and marketing tools that you need to effectively advocate for change, build capacity and tell your story in a way that will encourage others to take action. This workshop will cover marketing theory tailored for social good, while giving participants the practical tools and insights they can implement back at the office for easy and immediate results. If you’ve ever struggled to get a consistent, impactful message out, or make sure everyone in your organization is telling the same story to clients, funders and others – this workshop is for you.
- Understand the elements of a brand, including features (what we offer), benefits (how features help the client or end user), personality, values and essence – and how it applies to your own organization.
- Know your organization's brand personality and how to use that knowledge to generate consistent, impactful messages.
- Understand and communicate your organization’s value proposition and what makes you unique using the VRIO model. Harness the marketing power that comes with knowing how your program or service is meaningfully unique.
- Learn more about audience profiling and how it helps your message land; from employees to clients to funders and more.
- Understand the power of, and learn the tools to develop marketing personas to make target audiences more relatable.
- Know how to use the above principles to set the stage to make a greater impact with less work.
Jill Knaggs is a senior marketing and communications professional who’s delivered results for employers and clients across industries – from niche-not-for profits to social enterprises to associations and more. She’s developed marketing strategies for micro business, multinationals and just about everything in between. She’s passionate about brand and marketing communications, and anything that betters Winnipeg and Manitoba for future generations. She’s served on the board of KidSport Winnipeg, helped Assiniboine Park Conservancy develop a world-class volunteer program, worked as a coach through the Winnipeg Foundation’s Fast Pitch Series and has donated her skills to Spark.