The Canadian CED Network’s annual general meeting (AGM) is being held on June 6th on line. All resolutions must be submitted no later than April 17, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (PT).
An Emergency Resolution may be submitted after the April 17 deadline if it meets all of the following conditions:
- the subject matter deals with events that have arisen after the submission deadline
- it complies with normal submission requirements
- it is received at the CCEDNet Victoriaville office no later than noon ET on May 17, 2019, twenty (20) days prior to the date of the AGM.
All sponsors of resolutions will be contacted no later than May 3, 2019. At that time, sponsors will be notified if their resolution will be presented at the AGM or if it has been rejected because it does not fulfill the requirements.
Resolutions may be submitted by any two (2) members in good standing (a mover and seconder) and should meet the following criteria:
- Resolutions should deal with a policy matter of national or regional scope, or with the internal operations of CCEDNet.
- They should fall within the broad jurisdiction of community economic development
- They should request a specific action on the part of CCEDNet.
The resolution shall be submitted using the form below, and deal with only one subject. The resolution should contain no more than two (2) recital clauses (starting with the word “whereas”), one operative clause (starting with the phrase “Therefore be it resolved”) and may be accompanied by a note of up to 250 words explaining the origin of the resolution. (See Guidelines on Preparing Resolutions for CCEDNet).
The Resolutions Committee will ensure that the resolutions (as amended or consolidated) are accurately translated and posted on the CCEDNet website by May 3, 2019. In the case of Emergency Resolutions, the Resolutions Committee shall ensure accurate translation and that copies of the resolution are distributed for the AGM.
Please email all materials to CCEDNet (info at ccednet-rcdec.ca)
All documents related to the AGM are available on our website. If you would prefer a hard-copy version, please contact us at 1-877-202-2268.
|SHORT TITLE:||Promoting CED|
|SPONSOR'S NAME:||Mary Smith, seconded by Bob Jones|
|WHEREAS:||Community Economic Development is insufficiently understood by the general public|
|AND WHEREAS:||Visibility is the first step in building awareness|
|THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED:||That the CCEDNet Board of Directors wear bright orange t-shirts with the organization mission statement emblazoned on the back.|
Adopted by the Board of directors
January 30, 2008