Social Business Manager
Causeway Work Centre is committed to developing and operating social businesses designed to provide competitive supported employment to persons with a disability or other barriers to employment. Causeway currently operates the Ottawa Social Purchasing Portal, a food services business, a landscaping business, and a used bicycle repair and sales business. The Social Business Manager will oversee the business operations of all current and future social enterprises.
- Implement and supervise budgets, HR policies, financial tools, business plans and all resource acquisitions and utilizations related to operating the social enterprises.
- Supervision of staff and fill in for staff when needed.
- Identify and maintain cost analysis, profit margins and economic reporting on all enterprises.
- Help to identify and implement marketing, advertising and public relations strategies designed to promote Causeway's social enterprises.
- Develop partnerships within the public and private sector.
- Create narrative/financial reports that may be required by the Executive Director, Board of Directors and/or funders.
- Assist the enterprises in their efforts to balance financial outcomes with social outcomes.
- Participate in the development of a Community Economic Development (CED) training approach and assist in knowledge exchange with other like-minded social services.
- A thorough understanding of the philosophy and principles of social enterprise and CED.
- A university degree or college diploma in business administration.
- A proven track record in business and/or entrepreneurship.
- A strong desire to assist persons with a disability/disadvantaged individuals to gain economic self-sufficiency.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Excellent written and verbal skills are essential.
$40,000-$50,000 range, reflecting experience
Causeway Work Centre is located in central Ottawa.
Please send a resumé and covering letter to Don Palmer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: March 28, 2008
28 Mar 2008