Are you a looking for an exciting new challenge to apply your Communications and Web 2.0 skills to help reduce global poverty?
Canadian Crossroads International (CCI) has an exciting new opportunity for a bilingual Communications Officer-Online to help build a strong community of support in a dynamic international development organization.
Reporting to the National Director, External Relations and working closely with fundraising and volunteer management teams, the bilingual Communications Officer-Online is responsible for the development and implementation of Canadian Crossroads International’s online and Web communications strategy to attract new CCI supporters and engage existing stakeholders. S/he is a skilled writer, who uses creative online content and various channels of digital communication, including Website, media relations, social media tools, video and other Web 2.0 strategies to build a strong community of support. The communications officer will also manage the CCI Website.
- University degree in journalism, marketing, communications or related field
- Strong strategic and tactical online and Web editorial skills, honed by previous Website management experience and/or marketingexperience
- Professional experience in marketing/communications and project management with an agency, corporation or nonprofit organization
- Superior written and oral communications skills adaptable to various offline and online mediums. In particular, a proven ability to write clear, concise and compelling prose in the form of online articles, press releases, op-eds, ad copy, blog posts and email alerts
- Demonstrated success in developing and managing online social media campaigns
- First hand experience in the social Web: active participation as blogger, on Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, drive and manage new programs
- Dynamic facilitation skills and experience in community building on and offline through events, trainings, campaigns etc.
- Solid copy-editing skills, strong attention to detail and familiarity with Globe and Mail Style
- Bilingualism French English is required. Spanish is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as member of multi-disciplinary teams and to manage time and workload effectively.
- Experience working with HTML and CSS (must be able to handle code). Knowledge of PhotoShop, Illustrator; layout software and Web traffic software, such as Google analytics
- Good understanding of Web protocols and procedures (FTP, file structuring and naming, etc.)
- Video editing skills a strong asset
- A commitment to gender equality and the promotion of women’s rights
- Experience in international development is an asset.
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Location(s): Toronto or Montreal
Last year Canadian Crossroads International marked its 50th anniversary as an international volunteer cooperation organization working to create a more equitable and sustainable world. Recently the board of directors approved a new vision, strategic plan and organizational structure focused on promoting equality for women and girls and the right to sustainable livelihoods for all.
Working in partnership with community based organizations in the North and South, and with the support of volunteers North and South, CCI is reducing poverty and increasing women’s rights in West Africa, Southern Africa and South America.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic international development organization, please submit your résumé and cover letter by December 7, 2009 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include bilingual Communications Officer-Online in the subject line.
CCI is committed to principles and values of access and equity. We encourage applications from people of colour, people with disabilities, and people from aboriginal and/or other marginalized communities.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.