Are you a self-starter who is passionate about global citizenship and looking for a unique opportunity to make a difference?
Canadian Crossroads International (CCI) is currently seeking a bilingual Team Leader, Volunteering to lead a new team devoted to excellence in international volunteering, developing new approaches and systems that will take CCI’s volunteer programming to new heights.
In this newly created position, reporting to the Director of Programmes and working closely with other members of the Programme Team, the Team Leader will build a team focused on achieving excellence in CCI’s international volunteering work. With a proven track record of success and strong leadership skills, s/he will be responsible for building on best practice to develop and implement a volunteer programme to recruit, select, train, support and recognize international volunteers from across Canada and around the world. This will include responsibility for online-volunteering, as well as for the ongoing engagement of volunteers in Canada. S/he will contribute to organizational learning, ensuring that CCI’s international volunteering work is responsive, effective and at the forefront of international volunteering. S/he will ensure that all aspects of the volunteering programme incorporate a strong gender analysis.
- Minimum of 3 years progressive experience in a management position, including supervision of staff;
- University degree or equivalent in a related field;
- Demonstrated leadership abilities;
- In-depth knowledge and experience of international volunteering and/or relevant experience in adult education or human resource management;
- Overseas work experience and knowledge of best practices in international volunteering preferred;
- Strong training and facilitation skills;
- Previous experience working with volunteers;
- Familiarity with on-line and distance education and learning an asset;
- Commitment to women’s rights and experience in integrating a gender analysis;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience in developmental evaluation an asset;
- Strong planning and proposal-writing skills;
- Collaborative working style with experience in leading team-based initiatives;
- Experience working in a diverse work environment and on cross-functional teams;
- Fluency in both English and French is essential; Spanish an asset;
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Location(s): Toronto (Montreal could be considered for the right candidate)
Last year Canadian Crossroads International (CCI) marked its 50th anniversary as an international volunteer cooperation organization working to create a more equitable and sustainable world. Recently the board of directors approved a new vision, strategic plan and organizational structure focused on promoting equality for women and girls and the right to sustainable livelihoods for all.
Working in partnership with community-based organizations in the North and South, and with the support of volunteers North and South, CCI is reducing poverty and increasing women’s rights in West Africa, Southern Africa and South America.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic international development organization, please submit your résumé and cover letter by 7 December by e-mail to email@example.com and be sure to include Team Leader, Volunteering in the subject line.
CCI is committed to principles and values of access and equity. We encourage applications from people of colour, people with disabilities, and people from aboriginal and/or other marginalized communities.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.