Are you passionate about international development, knowledge management and learning, and looking for your next challenge?
Canadian Crossroads International is currently seeking a bilingual Knowledge Management and Learning Officer.
In this newly created position, reporting to the Director of Programmes, the Knowledge Management and Learning Officer will promote and support learning among staff, partners and volunteers to continually enhance the impact of CCI’s programming in women’s rights and sustainable livelihoods. Working closely with other members of the Programme Team, s/he will design and implement monitoring and evaluation systems focused on organizational learning. S/he will provide leadership in knowledge sharing and knowledge creation to support innovation in programming and foster a culture of learning across the organization and with stakeholders. S/he will ensure that all systems for monitoring, evaluation, learning and knowledge sharing incorporate a strong gender analysis. S/he will coordinate, write and edit reports to core funders.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in knowledge management, monitoring, evaluation and learning in the field of international development;
- University degree or equivalent in a related field;
- Proven knowledge and understanding of knowledge management systems, procedures and practices, including results-based management and developmental evaluation;
- Experience in applying information technology to the implementation of knowledge management and knowledge sharing strategies;
- Experience with communities of practice or learning circles an asset;
- Good demonstrated understanding of international development programming and planning and of international development issues;
- Commitment to women’s rights and solid experience in integrating a gender analysis;
- Overseas experience and experience of international volunteering preferred;
- Ability to plan and implement the rollout of new systems, processes and tools;
- Excellent analytical and writing skills;
- Collaborative working style with experience in leading team-based initiatives;
- Experience working in a diverse work environment, and experience in cross-functional teams;
- Ability to work in both English and French; Spanish an asset.
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Location(s): Toronto or Montreal
Last year Canadian Crossroads International (CCI) marked its 50th anniversary as an international volunteer cooperation organization working to create a more equitable and sustainable world. Recently the board of directors approved a new vision, strategic plan and organizational structure focused on promoting equality for women and girls and the right to sustainable livelihoods for all.
Working in partnership with community-based organizations in the North and South, and with the support of volunteers North and South, CCI is reducing poverty and increasing women’s rights in West Africa, Southern Africa and South America.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic international development organization, please submit your résumé and cover letter by 7 December by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include Knowledge Management and Learning Officer in the subject line.
CCI is committed to principles and values of access and equity. We encourage applications from people of colour, people with disabilities, and people from aboriginal and/or other marginalized communities.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.