Reference Number: 20110513 Location: Greater Montreal Area
Terms of Employment: Permanent Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Salary Scale: $38,640 – $45,459 (according to experience)
CEDEC is hiring a Team Administrative Assistant to work in its Greater Montreal Area office.
- Dynamically representing CEDEC for the purpose of government liaison and community relations
- Providing administrative support including but not limited to the following: preparing correspondence, reports and manuals, proofreading text for accuracy
- Coordination of the logistics of community events, meetings and other activities described in CEDEC action plans
- Responsible for office support services including but not limited to:
- Representing CEDEC for the purpose of landlord liaison
- Coordination of office maintenance, ordering of office supplies, coordination of security services, equipment rental, etc.
- Journaling and expediting accounts payable, accounts receivable, the CEDEC travel and expense reimbursement claims and journal entries and correcting same as required
- Ensuring the CEDEC Expense Guidelines are implemented and respected
- Providing office reception services
- Coordinating appointments and meetings
- Coordinating and processing of incoming and outgoing mail
- Compiling material and data for periodic publications such as directories, newsletters, and records
- Preparing and distributing minutes of meetings
- Coordinating and maintaining a resource library, hard copy and/or electronic filing systems
- Monitoring the smooth operation of all computers and peripheral equipment in the office and arranging for the acquisition of maintenance and repair services
- Assuming other appropriate duties compatible with experience and qualifications as assigned by the Executive Director and/or the Operations Manager
The requirements for this position are as follows:
- Secondary School diploma (appropriate DEP considered an asset)
- Secretarial and/or administrative training beyond secondary school and/or relevant work experience
- 5 to 10 years experience in relevant work an asset
- Office management experience
- Bilingual: English and French (spoken and written)
- Strong computer literacy with experience using Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in the use of Simply Accounting
- Experience in bookkeeping, budgeting and reporting
- Ability to organize and to coordinate
- Strong interpersonal abilities
- Discretion and reliability
In addition, CEDEC seeks a person of integrity with the ability to inspire and engage others in Community Economic Development and Employability activities that will generate positive results.
In communities across Quebec, CEDEC shares its experience in planning and developing partnerships with the aim to strengthen local economies and employability of the English-speaking and broader community.
For more information about CEDEC, visit www.cedec.ca
Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Reference Number: 20110513 in the subject line. Deadline to apply is May 19, 2011 at 5 pm.
CEDEC is funded by the Government of Canada’s Enabling Fund.