Knowledge Exchange Facilitator
5 placements: Cambodia, Guyana, Malawi, Nigeria & Tanzania
Partners: Multi partners Based in capital city, with substantial travel 18-26 months April 1, 2012 Must be eligible to work in Canada
Location: Based in capital city, with substantial travel
Length of Placement: 18-26 months
Start Date: April 1, 2012
Funding Eligibility: Must be eligible to work in Canada
Language Requirements: Fluent in English- Level 4. To self-assess your level, click here.
CUSO-VSO is a non-profit development agency that works through volunteers. Each year, we send hundreds of global citizens to work on collaborative development projects in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean. We are one of North America’s leading international development organizations that works through volunteers.
About the Project
Building on the Accenture-funded Making Markets Work for the Poor (MMW4P) projects, we aim to promote more effective knowledge sharing and management across all VSO Secure Livelihoods programs and to equip the five Flagship Programs (Cambodia, Guyana, Malawi, Nigeria, and Tanzania) to be more active as regional learning hubs.
The Volunteer's Role
- Act as champion and catalyst by centralizing accountability for managing knowledge stakeholders, arranging knowledge sharing activities, and maintaining communication pathways
- Capture knowledge in volunteer placements and coordinate volunteer placement exchanges
- Identify knowledge needs, best practice and sharing opportunities
- Identify opportunities for external networking and connect VSO stakeholders to outside resources
- Organize face-to-face meetings, workshops and training sessions on knowledge management
- Set up and facilitate phone/online discussions
- Help stakeholders create action plans in order to collect successes and challenges
- Gain awareness of skills-based directories and online resources
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in Business Management, Information Sciences or relevant field.
- Three years of experience in knowledge management
- Experience in organizational development, evaluation and strategic planning
- Experience with multi-stakehlder management, facilitation, and participatory approaches
- Knowledge of knowledge sharing tools and approaches
- Excellent communication skills
- Desirable: Experience in market/economic development
Training and Financial Support
Our training and support package covers the costs of being an overseas volunteer, allowing you to enjoy a modest but healthy lifestyle while you volunteer abroad. This includes:
- Attendance at a CUSO-VSO assessment day (candidates are expected to cover the first $150 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation costs associated with five day pre-departure training course held in Ottawa.
- Return airfare and visa/permit (this includes a return flight in the case of a family emergency).
- Coverage for required vaccinations, medications and health insurance.
- Accommodation while overseas.
- A modest living allowance, which varies depending on the country where you are placed.
- Quarterly payments to support you in your placement
Please apply online at www.cuso-vso.org/volunteer/apply-online/, quoting referral code:
- CAM0463/0003/0001 for the placement in Cambodia
- GUY0001/0001/0001 for the placement in Guyana
- M0052/0030/0001 for the placement in Malawi
- NG1134/0010/0001 for the placement in Nigeria
- T0982/0005/0001 for the placement in Tanzania