PARTNER NAME : Agricultural Non State Actors Forum (ANSAF)
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam Tanzania
LENGTH OF PLACEMENT: 24 months
REQUIREMENTS : Must be Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: English Level 4-5
ABOUT CUSO INTERNATIONAL
Cuso International is a non-profit development agency that works through volunteers. Each year, we send hundreds of global citizens to work on collaborative development projects in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean. We are one of North America’s leading international development organizations that works through volunteers.
ABOUT THE PARTNER ORGANIZATION
ANSAF is a network of Community and Public Services Organizations established to explore best practices in the agricultural sector and produce policy proposal for the government, donors and other development agencies to act on problematic areas while maximizing gains from best practices.
THE VOLUNTEER’S ROLE
Overall placement purpose and specific volunteer placement objectives: The overall purpose of this placement is to centralize regional accountability for managing livelihoods knowledge stakeholders, arranging and facilitating knowledge sharing activities, and maintaining communication pathways. The volunteer shall promote knowledge sharing, reuse, learning, collaboration and innovation.
- Act as champion and catalyst by centralizing accountability for managing knowledge stakeholders, arranging knowledge sharing activities, and maintaining communication pathways;
- Identify knowledge needs, good practice, sharing opportunities, and organize and facilitate training sessions and workshops as appropriate;
- Identify opportunities for external networking and connect stakeholders to outside resources;
- Help stakeholders create action plans, follow up on progress of applied learning, collect successes and challenges regarding behaviour change for case studies;
- Coach facilitators in other countries within the region to support knowledge sharing workshops, sector calls, and stakeholder action planning.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience working with a wide range of stakeholders with varied backgrounds and interests
- Experience with facilitation and participatory approaches
- Must be a mature & confident professional with excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of collaboration tools such as wikis and online discussion forums
- Knowledge of current affairs, programs, software, marketing, donor information/fundraising
- Degree in related field and varied background possibly ranging from Information Sciences to Business Management
- Knowledge of livelihoods approaches and market development
TRAINING AND FINANCIAL SUPPORT
Our training and support package covers the costs of being an overseas volunteer, allowing you to enjoy a
modest but healthy lifestyle while you volunteer abroad. This includes:
- Attendance at a Cuso International assessment day (candidates must cover the first $150 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation costs associated with pre-departure training.
- Return airfare and visa/permit (this includes a return flight in the case of a family emergency).
- Coverage for required vaccinations, medications and comprehensive health insurance.
- Accommodation while overseas.
- A modest living allowance, which varies depending on the country where you are placed
- Quarterly payments to support you in your placement.
Please apply online, quoting referral code T0982/0005/0002 and the name of the placement.
1 Sep 2012
CUSO International Inc.
Dar es Salaam - Tanzania --Canada