About the Position
Food Secure Canada is a Canada-wide alliance of civil society organizations and individuals collaborating to advance dialogue and cooperation for policies and programs that improve food security in Canada and globally. Together we are creating the building blocks of a healthy, fair and ecological food system, grounded in strengthened democracy and community action. Food Secure Canada is the only diverse national food issues network in the country, with leaders from all regions and sectors. Our Policy platform is Resetting the Table: A People’s Food Policy for Canada. For more information, please visit: www.foodsecurecanada.org
Food Secure Canada’s Montreal office is looking for an administrative and communications assistant. The initial contract is for a six-month period with strong possibility of renewal. This position is based in Montreal.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Strong administrative background and experience in office management
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office, familiarity with Drupal and CiviCRM as strong asset, able to do simple layout)
- Great organizational skills, able to work with volunteers.
- Interest in or experience with food issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Familiarity with non-profit organizations
- Well-organized with excellent follow-through on tasks
- Good team worker with ability to prioritize a diversity of tasks.
- A college or university diploma in relevant fields.
- Fully bilingual with excellent writing and editing skills in French and\or English.
- A sense of humour and a commitment to FSC core goals: zero hunger, safe and healthy food, sustainable production
- Assist with development of office systems, filing, calendar of meetings, production schedules for documents
- Support to FSC communications (website updates, proofreading, simple translation)
- General correspondence and enquiries
- Assistance with FSC network activities (conference call organization, webinars, minutes)
- Support to FSC research and outreach initiatives as required
- Support to fundraising and reporting obligations
- Assistance with travel arrangements, meeting confirmations
- Monitoring media and member news
- Ensuring smooth ongoing communications with members (organizational and individual)
- Assistance with social media
- Support the organization and logistics for Assembly and other FSC events
- Assist Executive Director and other staff with administrative and communications tasks as needed
Please send your cover letter and resume by email to FSC Executive Director Diana Bronson at firstname.lastname@example.org before 20 August 2012 with job posting for administrative assistant as the subject line.
Food Secure Canada is committed to equality, and encourages applications from people of all sexual and gender orientations, including those who identify as visible minorities, Indigenous people, and/or persons with disabilities. Interviews are expected to take place in Montreal at the end of August or beginning of September. Only candidates that have been selected for an interview will receive a reply.
Start date: As soon as possible
20 Aug 2012
Food Secure Canada