About the Position:
Food Secure Canada is a Canada-wide alliance of civil society organizations and individuals collaborating to advance dialogue and cooperation for policies and programs that improve food security in Canada and globally. Together we are creating the building blocks of a healthy, fair and ecological food system, grounded in strengthened democracy and community action. Food Secure Canada is the only diverse national food issues network in the country, with leaders from all regions and sectors. Our Policy platform is Resetting the Table: A People’s Food Policy for Canada.
- Strong knowledge of and background on environmental, economic and\or social aspects of food
- Background in advocacy or public policy in related field
- Academic or professional experience relating to the food business, especially strong understanding of the economics of the food industry in Canada.
- Background in communications and social media (website maintenance, media relations, writing, publications)
- Experience with non-profit\community sector
- Proven ability to build bridges, create partnerships, and achieve consensus among diverse groups, stakeholders and organizations.
- Strong facilitation skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Well-organized with excellent follow-through on tasks
- Good team worker
- A college or university diploma / degree in relevant field
- Fully bilingual with excellent writing and editing skills in French and\or English.
- Experience in evaluation including developing or working with indicators an asset
- Fundraising experience is an asset
- A sense of humour and a commitment to FSC core goals: zero hunger, safe and healthy food, sustainable agriculture
- Coordinate national network on local\regional sustainable food systems including outreach, communications, and facilitation.
- Support the development and production of research and policy resources and communication tools (website, newsletter, etc) related to the Network and other FSC priorities.
- Contribute to FSC communications – proofing, editing, translation and design
- Participate in outreach and promotional activities
- Support organization for FSC Assembly and other activities
- In-Canada travel required at times
- Assist with other tasks as needed