Marketing and Communications Agent
Reference Number: 20121119
Terms of employment: Full-time (37.5 hours per week) contract for 4 months
Salary: $46,000-$62,000 annual (according to experience)
The Marketing and Communications Agent will ensure the effective implementation of a marketing and communications strategy for the CEDEC Small Business Support Network Expansion Project.
Expectations and Responsibilities:
• Implement the communication and marketing plan for the CEDEC SBSN Expansion Project
• Undertake the preparation and review of tenders, proposals and agreements for communication activities related to the CEDEC Small Business Support Expansion Project communication activities
• Provide communication support and guidance to project staff
• Prepare and present progress reports and recommendations
• Develop marketing and communication resources for the CEDEC Small Business Support Network Expansion Project
• Monitor the press for information relevant to the CEDEC Small Business Support Network Expansion Project
• Co-ordinate media outreach activities
• Assist with meetings of the project advisory committee
• Work in cooperation with all CEDEC employees and volunteers to foster and support community engagement in light of CEDEC’s overall mission and strategic plan
• Represent CEDEC for the purpose of government liaison and community relations
• Provide communications and media training to members of the SBSN Expansion Project team when required
• Assuming other related duties compatible with experience, training and qualifications as assigned by the Communications Officer
Reporting and Accountability:
The Marketing and Communications Agent will report to the Communications Officer.
• A university degree in a related field
• Five to seven years of experience in a related field
• Possesses excellent written and verbal skills in English and French
• Strong computer literacy with demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office (including Publisher, PowerPoint, etc)
• Strong knowledge of different social network tools
• Will work in a flexible structure
• Will be required to travel in different parts of the province
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to take directives and work independently as necessary
• Takes initiative while being a good team player
To apply for this position, email your resume with cover letter to the Community Economic Development and Employability Corporation (CEDEC) at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 3, 2012. Please include the reference number and job title in the subject line of your email. Only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.
A volunteer driven organization, CEDEC sparks economic innovation in building forward-looking, prosperous and confident communities across Quebec through sharing expertise, knowledge and building partnerships.
CEDEC is funded by the Government of Canada’s Enabling Fund.