Reference Number: 20121211
Terms of employment: Full-time (37.5 hours per week) contract until March 31, 2013
Salary: $46,000-$62,000 annual (according to experience)
The Promotion and Awareness Agent will work with a dynamic team to promote, plan and implement the ongoing development and expansion of CEDEC Small Business Support Network throughout Quebec.
Expectations and Responsibilities
• Promote understanding, awareness and participation in CEDEC Small Business Support Network
• Plan, promote and implement information, networking and skills development activities for entrepreneurs.
• Mobilize and engage resources to achieve objectives defined the CEDEC Small Business Support Network Expansion project plan.
• Engage community volunteers and partners in support of the project objectives
• Negotiate contracts and agreements in support of project objectives
• Advise and support policy development related to the goals and objectives of CEDEC Small Business Support Network
• Represent CEDEC Small Business Support Network for the purpose of government liaison and community relations
• Work in cooperation with all CEDEC employees and volunteers to foster and support community engagement in the light of CEDEC’s mission and strategic plan
Reporting and Accountability
• The Promotion and Awareness Agent will report to the Operations Manager.
• A University Degree or post-secondary qualification/certification and/or relevant work experience which would include economic and administration knowledge and interests
• Bilingual: English and French – spoken and written.
• Strong computer literacy with experience using Microsoft Office
• Willingness to work in a flexible structure
• Willingness to travel
• Capacity to work productively with volunteers
• Ability to work independently and creatively
• Entrepreneurial skills
• Ability to develop and maintain a network of relationships and partnerships within the community
• Strong teamwork and leadership skills
• Work experience related to community economic development
To apply for this position, email your resume with cover letter to the Community Economic Development and Employability Corporation (CEDEC) at email@example.com by December 19, 2012. Please include the reference number and job title in the subject line of your email. Only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.
CEDEC is a leading partner and driving force for community economic development and employability. A volunteer driven organization, CEDEC sparks economic innovation in building forward-looking, prosperous and confident communities across Quebec through sharing expertise, knowledge and building partnerships.
For more information about CEDEC, visit /en/page/broken-link?old_url=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.cedec.ca.
CEDEC is funded by the Government of Canada’s Enabling Fund.