Reference Number: 20121217
Location: Grosse Ile, Quebec
Terms of Employment: Temporary 18 weeks (40 hours per week) to begin January 14, 2012
Salary Scale: $12.50 per hour
CEDEC is hiring a Social Economy Development Project Agent to work in its Grosse Ile office to perform tasks related to learning, planning and implementation of social economy initiatives.
- Organize and prepare all meetings related to social economy
- Assist with the planning and preparation of learning sessions
- Carry out research required to advance the social economy initiative
- Assist the social economy working committee with the expansion, finalization and refinement of the development plan(s)
- Assist the social economy working committee with the implementation of the development plan(s) and securing of necessary resources
The requirements for this position are as follows:
- College/University level studies, ideally in the area of business management or social sciences
- Strong English language writing and communications skills
- Experience with event organization and meeting/workshop facilitation
- Sound knowledge of the English-speaking community of the Magdalen Islands
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate verbally in French
- Candidates must be eligible within Emploi-Quebec’s program criteria and have a file with the Centre local d’emploi
- Willingness to travel as required to various areas of the Islands
- Access to a vehicle
- Willingness to work, should be prepared to work on a flexible schedule
In addition, CEDEC seeks a person of integrity with the ability to inspire and engage others in Community Economic Development and Employability activities that will generate positive results.
CEDEC is a leading partner and driving force for community economic development and employability. A volunteer driven organization, CEDEC sparks economic innovation in building forward-looking, prosperous and confident communities across Quebec through sharing expertise, knowledge and building partnerships.
For more information about CEDEC, visit www.cedec.ca.
Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Reference Number: 20121217 in the subject line. Deadline to apply is December 31, 2012 at 4:00 pm.
CEDEC is funded by the Government of Canada’s Enabling Fund.