Quint Development Corporation is a not-for-profit community economic development (CED) organization whose mission is to enhance the economic and social well being of the Saskatoon’s core neighbourhoods.
- feasibility studies and business plans
- the development and/or implementation of marketing and outreach strategies
- policy development
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Community Economic Development and the issues of low income communities
- Relevant post-secondary education and or experience.
- Good analytical skills, with some ability to develop innovative recommendations
- Ability to do financial analysis would be an asset
- Good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Familiar with Microsoft Office software especially Word and Excel programs
- Be able to provide a criminal record check
- Be between the ages of 15 and 30 inclusively at the time of selection
- Be a post-secondary college or university graduate
- Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or a protected person within the meaning of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Be legally entitled to work in Saskatchewan and Canada
- Be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial and/or territorial legislation and regulations
- Be out-of-school
- Not be receiving Employment Insurance benefits
- Can demonstrate a lack of labour market attachment to field of study (under-employed or unemployed)
- Can demonstrate that working in the field of community economic development is a career goal
- Has not previously participated in a Career Focus work experience placement
This position is being offered through the CreateAction Work Experience Program. CreateAction is administered by the Canadian CED Network, with funding provided by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada.