The CED Intern must meet the following criteria:
- Canadian citizen or legal residence status 30 years or under
- University or College graduate with a degree or diploma and not in school
- Demonstrated interest and career aspirations in Community Economic Development
- Not receiving employment insurance benefits
- Not currently employed in a field related to your post secondary studies
- Background of community volunteering
- Excellent interpersonal, research, writing, communication, and computer skills
The primary focus of this position will be working on unique community engagement projects and a social enterprise planning process.
Community Economic Development entails facilitating broad citizen engagement in building resilient communities where success comes through balancing social, cultural, economic and environmental goals. See our website for more – haidagwaiifutures.ca
This position offers a unique opportunity to expand your community development skills and create action in building a resilient Islands’ community.
The position can work out of either our QCC or Masset offices but access to a vehicle will be necessary. You will need to supply your own laptop.
Start date is April 29, 2013.
Send your resume with a cover letter expressing why you are interested in this internship to:
Subject line: Attention: Art Lew
Closing date April 24, 2013.
Thanks to all who apply, however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
|This position is being offered through the CreateAction Work Experience Program. CreateAction is administered by the Canadian CED Network, with funding provided by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada.|