INTERNATIONAL INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Malawi Union of Savings and Credit Co-operatives
WHEN: September 2013 - April 2014
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please send a letter of interest, resume, application form and two reference letters to email@example.com by August 11, 2013. For more information visit CCA website.
The Canadian Co-operative Association will cover costs directly related to the position, including a monthly stipend, medical insurance, visa expenses and return airfare to Malawi. Only suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The Malawi Union of Savings and Credit Co-operatives (MUSCCO) is a national democratically controlled apex organization of Savings and Credit Co-operatives (SACCO) that was established in 1980 with a mandate to promote, develop, support and service Savings and Credit Cooperatives affiliated to it in Malawi.
The current CCA/MUSCCO project aims to strengthen the inclusive system of savings and credit co-operatives in Malawi by increasing SACCO Membership Outreach, with a focus on women and youth, improving service delivery through technology, enhancing risk management in SACCOs and providing support to MUSCCO in order for it to maintain its sustainability.
To initiate, plan and execute a marketing and SACCO membership outreach program. The Marketing Officer will play a key role in growing the MUSCCO and SACCO business. In this regard, the Marketing Officer will work together with staff in Business Development department to initiate, plan and execute a marketing and outreach strategy designed to mobilize and grow SACCO Membership and capital inflows into MUSCCO.
The Marketing Officer will be responsible for the following activities:
1. Act as first line support and advice for staff of MUSCCO and SACCO on all brand and marketing activities.
2. Inputting marketing expertise into the design, planning, implementing and evaluation of all MUSCCO/SACCO products and services.
3. Work closely with the SACCO managers and departmental heads of MUSCCO to effective approaches and implement marketing plans to achieve set target.
4. To act as MUSCCO and SACCO brand guardian ensuring that it is used consistently and to the best advantage of MUSCCO/SACCO movement.
5. Working closely with MUSCCO/SACCO business development and administration department teams in writing, editing, designing and distributing and marketing materials for campaigns, conferences and events. e.g., Leaflets, brochures, invitation letters.
6. Writing, editing and proof reading of different documents from MUSCCO/ SACCOs to different stake holders. e.g., donors and other partners.
7. Developing and supporting market research initiatives into new markets, products and membership recruitment drive.
8. Preparing reports on marketing programs and activities.
9. Write a short case study on MUSCCO's financial literacy training or member training initiatives for CCA.
The Marketing Officer must have the following qualifications:
1. Degree or equivalent experience in Marketing and/or Business Administration.
2. Strong and confident communicator.
3. Excellent copy writing skills and experience.
4. Formal computer skills (Microsoft Office).
5. Understanding of co-operatives or member-based business enterprises.
6. Demonstrated ability and interest in communicating and interacting effectively with people of a different culture.
7. Able to work in a team.
8. Can work in dynamic situations and is able to be flexible and adapt to change.
9. Takes initiative, set goals, and manage time independently, while seeking guidance and direction from your manager.
10. Design skills including graphics and web design an asset.
Internship Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the international Youth Internship Program, an intern must:
1. Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident legally entitled to work in Canada.
2. Be a post-secondary graduate.
3. Be out of school.
Canadian Co-operative Association
The Canadian Co-operative Association (CCA) is a national association for co-operatives in Canada, representing more than nine million co-operative and credit union members from over 2,000 organizations. Individual co-op members are represented by CCA either directly through their co-operative, through their provincial co-op associations or credit union central, or through sectoral organizations. CCA provides leadership to promote, develop, and unite co-operatives and credit unions for the benefit of people in Canada and around the world.
11 Aug 2013
Canadian Co-operative Association