Reference Number: 20130726-1
Terms of employment: Temporary Full-time (37.5 hours per week) until March 31, 2014 with the possibility of extension
Description: The CEDEC Small Business Support Network (SBSN) project aims to leverage entrepreneurship and small business development resources in Quebec in order to encourage growth and community renewal within the Official Linguistic Minority Community. Its main activities focus on helping entrepreneurs improve and grow their business through the delivery of skills development opportunities, business to business networking opportunities and improved access to business development resources and services.
Expectations and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this positionis responsible for the development of a membership structure and timeline for implementation. The Business Development Agent will also be responsible for the onboarding of new members to the CEDEC SBSN. The Business Development Agent will work in cooperation with all CEDEC employees and volunteers to foster and support community engagement in the light of CEDEC’s mission and Strategic Plan.
- Work collaboratively with the project and operations teams to develop and execute membership recruitment and personalized service strategies for CEDEC Small Business Support Network members.
- Generate new business leads by engaging your existing network of contacts and develop new relationships to build a robust pipeline of new CEDEC Small Business Support Network members.
- Develop and maintain continual communications with existing and new clients to ensure their satisfaction and the best possible performance of their businesses.
- Provide guidance/consultation to CEDEC SBSN members in the area of business development and facilitate access to services and resources offered by public and private community partners
- Consolidate and develop a network of contacts and partnerships for the organization with both business and education sectors
- Participate in valuable business and community events;
- Maintain a knowledge base of development needs identified within the CEDEC SBSN membership
- Dynamically representing CEDEC for the purpose of government liaison and community relations
- Assuming any other related duties compatible with experience and qualifications as assigned by the Operations Manager and/or Provincial Development Officer
- A university degree in a related field
- Five to seven years of experience in a related field
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills in English and French
- Strong computer literacy with demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office (including Publisher, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of different social network tools
- Will work in a flexible structure
- Will be required to travel in different parts of the province
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to take directives and work independently as necessary
- Takes initiative while being a good team player
- Proven track record in developing new business leads and building effective relationships
- Entrepreneurial mindset, full of ideas and enthusiasm
- Proactive, organized and client focused
- Strong presentation skills
- Detail-oriented with strong focus on process
In addition, CEDEC seeks a person of integrity with the ability to inspire and engage others in Community Economic Development and Employability activities that will generate positive results.
CEDEC is a leading partner and driving force for community economic development and employability. A volunteer driven organization, CEDEC sparks economic innovation in building forward-looking, prosperous and confident communities across Quebec through sharing expertise, knowledge and building partnerships.
For more information about CEDEC, visit www.cedec.ca.
Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Reference Number: 20130726-1 in the subject line. Deadline to apply is August 16, 2013 at 5 pm.
CEDEC is funded by the Government of Canada’s Enabling Fund.
16 Aug 2013