Reference Number: 20130726-3
Terms of employment: Temporary Full-time (37.5 hours per week) until March 31, 2014 with
the possibility of extension
Description: The CEDEC Small Business Support Network (SBSN) project aims to leverage entrepreneurship and small business development resources in Quebec in order to encourage growth and community renewal within the Official Linguistic Minority Community. Its main activities focus on helping entrepreneurs improve and grow their business through the delivery of skills development opportunities, business to business networking opportunities and improved access to business development resources and services.
Expectations and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Communications Officer, the Marketing and Communications Agentis responsible to ensure the effective maintenance of the CEDEC Small Business Support Network (SBSN) communications strategy including standards, templates and tools. The Marketing and Communications Agent will also be responsible for the preparation and review of public documents such as media releases and publicity items generated by CEDEC staff members. The Marketing and Communications Agent will work in cooperation with all CEDEC employees and volunteers to foster and support community engagement in the light of CEDEC’s mission and Strategic Plan.
- Provide support and guidance (writing, public and media relations advice) to all CEDEC employees (primarily SBSN Project Team) on communications issues and on application of the communications policy.
- Preparing and presenting required reports for/to CEDEC’s Communications Officer.
- Engage external contractors as necessary; prepare supporting documentation such as Statement(s) of Work, proposals, draft contracts, and make recommendation for strategic media buying.
- Monitor the press for issues concerning CEDEC SBSN across Quebec
- Co-ordinate press conferences as directed
- Represent CEDEC for the purpose of government liaison and community relations
- Participate in staff meetings to plan and evaluate the needs and work plan of the CEDEC SBSN Project Team
- Provide media training sessions to staff members of the CEDEC SBSN Project team when required
- Assuming other related duties compatible with experience, training and qualifications as assigned by the Communications Officer and/or the Operations Manager
- A university degree in a related field
- Five to seven years of experience in a related field
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills in English and French
- Strong computer literacy with demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office (including Publisher, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of different social network tools
- Will work in a flexible structure
- Will be required to travel in different parts of the province
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to take directives and work independently as necessary
- Takes initiative while being a good team player
In addition, CEDEC seeks a person of integrity with the ability to inspire and engage others in Community Economic Development and Employability activities that will generate positive results.
CEDEC is a leading partner and driving force for community economic development and employability. A volunteer driven organization, CEDEC sparks economic innovation in building forward-looking, prosperous and confident communities across Quebec through sharing expertise, knowledge and building partnerships.
For more information about CEDEC, visit www.cedec.ca.
Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Reference Number: 20130726-3 in the subject line. Deadline to apply is August 16, 2013 at 5 pm.
CEDEC is funded by the Government of Canada’s Enabling Fund.
16 Aug 2013