CANADIAN YOUTH BUSINESS FOUNDATION
Are you a natural business developer with a passion for helping young entrepreneurs pursue their dreams?
Are you a creative problem solver who looks forward to thinking outside the box?
Do you walk into a room and immediately see 50 potential friends, business associates and peers?
Then you might just be the person we have been looking for!
What we do:
The Canadian Youth Business Foundation (CYBF) supports young Canadians who want to start their own businesses. We look at character, not collateral, when providing young entrepreneurs18-39 with pre-launch coaching, business resources, start-up financing and mentoring to help them launch and sustain successful businesses. Each new business we help provides jobs for others and contributes to Canada's social and economic prosperity.
Since 1996, CYBF has supported more than 5,600 young entrepreneurs whose businesses have created more than 23,000 new jobs, $163.4 million in tax revenue and hundreds of millions of dollars in sales and export revenue. CYBF is looking for team members who are committed to helping young entrepreneurs succeed and are passionate about Canada's entrepreneurial community. Learn more about CYBF and our entrepreneurs at www.cybf.ca.
What you will do:
Based in Montreal, you will be CYBF's champion in Quebec. You will inspire and motivate a highly motivated and experienced team in expanding the number of young entrepreneurs and partners we work with and support, and contributing to CYBF's overall success.
You will build and leverage relationships with a wide range of community, government, corporate, academic and media partners and other stakeholders to increase the success of CYBF entrepreneurs and to achieve CYBF's strategic objectives.
Want more details? As Director, Quebec, you will:
- Lead CYBF's Quebec business development team and activities to promote CYBF and its offerings
- Achieve annual and long-term business goals for CYBF Quebec including growing the number of start-ups launched, establishing new partnerships, and expanding awareness of CYBF
- Identify and capitalize on new opportunities to drive the growth of CYBF within Quebec and across Canada, in collaboration with the VP Regional Operations and other regional directors
- Maintain and add strategic partners, under the direction of the VP, Regional Operations
- Expand awareness of CYBF throughout Quebec and respond to media inquiries, working closely with CYBF's Marketing and Communications team
- Support and contribute to the success of corporate and government fundraising efforts in Quebec, with the assistance of the Revenue Development team
- Participate in in additional activities to help CYBF succeeding Quebec, including delivering speeches and seminars, representing CYBF at events and assisting CYBF entrepreneurs with their business planning
Why you will succeed? You bring with you:
- 7+ years' sales leadership experience and business development
- Record of sales success through prospecting, business development, and closing new business using a consultative sales approach.
- Proven ability to manage and expand key business relationships
- Relevant relationships within Quebec
- 3+ years' experience managing people and/or teams
- A collaborative mindset
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to influence
- Confident, proactive and self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to both lead and contribute to successful teams
- Proven project management skills
- Fluency in French and English
- Full proficiency in using Microsoft Office and the Internet; Experience with a CRM system will be an asset
- Ability to travel periodically basis (***Must have a valid driver's license and access to a vehicle)
If you think this position was meant for you and you have the experience and skills to get the job done, please submit your cover letter and resume with "Director, Quebec" in the subject line, along with where you saw the job posting, by September 18, 2013 by email or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates receiving serious consideration will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.