Terms of employment: Temporary Full-time (37.5 hours per week) until March 31, 2014 with the possibility of extension
The CEDEC Small Business Support Network (SBSN) aims to leverage entrepreneurship and small business development resources in Quebec in order to encourage growth and community renewal. Its main activities focus on helping entrepreneurs improve and grow their business through the delivery of skills development opportunities, business-to-business networking opportunities and improved access to business development resources and services.
Expectations and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Social Media Marketing Agent is responsible to ensure the online presence of CEDEC SBSN and the growth of CEDEC’s social media following through the execution and management of a social media marketing plan. The Social Media Marketing Agent will work in cooperation with all CEDEC employees and stakeholders to foster and support community engagement in the light of CEDEC’s Mission and Strategic Plan.
- Development and/or management of authorized social media accounts including content posted on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Execute the social media marketing plan and refine the voice, image and narrative for these same accounts in relation to CEDEC brand policy.
- Prepare a monthly calendar of postings to be reviewed and approved and prepare and present monthly analytics reports on results obtained.
- Generate content for social media and/ or other media outlets when required.
- Monitor the press for issues concerning CEDEC SBSN and CEDEC
- Represent CEDEC for the purpose of government liaison and community relations
- Participate in staff meetings
- Provide media training sessions to staff members when required
- Assuming other related duties compatible with experience, training and qualifications as assigned by the Operations Manager and/or Provincial Development Officer.
The requirements for this position are as follows:
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- 1 or more years of experience in a related field
- Possesses excellent written and verbal skills in English and French
- Strong computer literacy with demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office (including Publisher, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of different social network tools
- Will work in a flexible structure
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to follow directives and work independently as necessary
- Takes initiative while being a good team player
- Ability to process and act on information in a deadline driven environment
In addition, CEDEC seeks a person of integrity with the ability to inspire and engage others in Community Economic Development and Employability activities that will generate positive results.
CEDEC is a leading partner and driving force for community economic development and employability. A volunteer driven organization, CEDEC sparks economic innovation in building forward-looking, prosperous and confident communities across Quebec through sharing expertise, knowledge and building partnerships.
For more information about CEDEC, visit www.cedec.ca.
Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Reference Number: 20131105 in the subject line. Deadline to apply is November 12, 2013 at 5 pm.
CEDEC is funded by the Government of Canada’s Enabling Fund.