Part-time maternity leave replacement
Get the opportunity to inspire and be inspired by amplifying the voice of Santropol Roulant! We are looking for someone who “gets” our work, ou culture and ou dreams. Someone who loves the work that we do, believes in it, and is excited to creatively tell the story of 2014 at Santropol Roulant. If you are eady to get your hands dirty, and then tweet about it, then you might be our new Communications Officer.
This is a temporary position as a replacement of a 1 year maternity leave, part-time, 12 hours a week. The deadline to apply is January 27th.
About Santropol Roulant
Santropol Roulant uses food as a vehicle to break social isolation between generations. Creatively and collaboratively, we strengthen and nourish our local community with our novel approaches to active community engagement, youth leadership, food security and social inclusion.
The Roulant's staff is young and dynamic with job descriptions and responsibilities that can exceed experience. As such, opportunities to learn and grow are key benefits of working at Santropol Roulant. Our working culture is to offer support as together we develop the competencies required to ensure that our collective impact matches organizational and personal aspirations.
About the Position
Working closely with the entire team, the Communication Officer implements our communication strategy and coordinates all communication related activity. The successful candidate disseminate key messages and information related to our activities and impact.
This is an exciting opportunity to inspire and be inspired by amplifying the voice of a dynamic organization.
- Steward our online communities (eg: santropolroulant.org, facebook, twitter)
- Coordinate writing, editing and sending of our bi-weekly newsletter
- Build communication capacity and support autonomy in Santropol Roulant staff and key volunteers;
- Create opportunities for volunteers to be actively involved in communications;
- Promote organizational events;
- Coordinate 3rd party fundraiser communications;
- Maintain relationships with communication partners (eg: graphic designers),
About the Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who “gets” our work, our culture and our dreams. Someone who loves the work that we do, believes in it, and is excited to creatively tell the story of 2014 at Santropol Roulant. If you are ready to get your hands dirty, and then tweet about it, then you might be our new Communications Officer!
The Ideal Candidate has:
- Experience managing cultivating and stewarding communications within a collaborative organisation;
- Demonstrated experience with:
- Content Management
- Marketing in the non-profit context
- Excellent ability to communicate both verbally and written in English and French;
- Experience curating content online and offline;
- Experience with graphic design is an asset;
- Experience with administration of information systems is an asset.
- Highly motivated;
- Superior interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a responsive, flexible and creative work environment;
- Interest in and some understanding of community development, sustainability, food security, social inclusion, along with a genuine desire to inspire social change.
This is a temporary position as a replacement of a 1 year maternity leave, part-time, 12 hours a week. The forecasted start date is around mid-February 2014. This is a salaried position at $15,00 per hour.
To apply, please drop off or email your CV and Cover Letter to the Communication Officer Hiring Committee at 111 Roy East or rh(at)santropolroulant.org by January 27th, 2013 at 9:30am. Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will take place the week of January 27th.
For more information, contact Pier at 514.284.9335, write to rh(at)santropolroulant.org, visit www.santropolroulant.org, or stop by our offices.
Santropol Roulant is an inclusive environment. We welcome a diversity of applicants including those from traditionally under-represented groups.