The Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives is an independent, non-partisan research institute concerned with issues of social and economic justice.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the primary responsibility of this position is as Editor of the CCPA Monitor, our monthly magazine of policy analysis and commentary. It also involves editing other CCPA publications (reports, books, etc.).
The successful candidate is an innovative and highly motivated person; someone who is passionately committed to the social justice values of the Centre. Preference will go to a candidate with a background in journalism or related work writing and/or editing for publication – someone with a proven record of garnering a broad audience.
This a full-time position based in Ottawa, Ontario. (Our strong preference is for the successful candidate to work from our National Office, but we are prepared to consider candidates who are not able to relocate.)
- Posted: January 9, 2014
- Closing date: February 14, 2014, 4:00 PM
- Start date: April 2014
- Duration: This is a one-year, full-time contract with the expectation that it will become permanent thereafter.
- Salary Range: $71,000 - $80,000
- A deep understanding and progressive analysis of Canadian economic, social and environment policy issues;
- Familiarity with the CCPA—its purpose, values, research—and with the CCPA Monitor;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to summarize and make accessible (sometimes obtuse) research material to a broad audience.
- An original thinker, capable of bringing new ideas and new ways of communicating to our membership and to the general public. A sense of where the Monitor could/should go;
- Openness and ability to incorporate ideas from others;
- A self-starter able to work cooperatively in a non-hierarchical, flexible office environment;
- Understanding of the online world and how the Monitor’s content and style might relate;
- Fluency in French an asset.
Send a cover letter and resume, no later than 4:00 PM on February 14, 2014, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to read more