Terms of employment: Temporary Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Building on the community revitalization work accomplished in the MRC de Bonaventure, CEDEC, in partnership with CLDde la Côte-de-Gaspé, CLD du Rocher-Percé, SADC de Gaspé and SADC Rocher-Percé, is seeking a candidate to continue this work by mobilizing new communities (citizens, elected officials and community stakeholders in the Municipalities of Barrachois, Gaspé, Port Daniel and Chandler) through consultations. The community consultations will result in the identification and documentation of community development plans that will allow for development work to occur.
Expectations and Responsibilities
Support the Municipalities of Barrachois, Gaspé, Port Daniel, Chandler in their plans for development
Organize and facilitate consultations with various stakeholders in the four municipalities
Assist these communities in producing and documenting four development plans for the designated municipalities mentioned above
The requirements for this position are as follows:
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Two years of experience in a related field
- Possesses excellent written and verbal skills in English and French
- Strong computer literacy with demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office (including Publisher, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Will work in a flexible structure
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to follow directives and work independently as necessary
- Takes initiative while being a good team player
- Ability to process and act on information in a deadline driven environment
In addition, CEDEC seeks a person of integrity with the ability to inspire and engage others in Community Economic Development and Employability activities that will generate positive results.
CEDEC is a leading partner and driving force for community economic development and employability. A volunteer driven organization, CEDEC sparks economic innovation in building forward-looking, prosperous and confident communities across Quebec through sharing expertise, knowledge and building partnerships.
For more information about CEDEC, visit www.cedec.ca.
Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Reference Number: 20140130 in the subject line.
CEDEC is funded by the Government of Canada’s Enabling Fund.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. We wish to express our appreciation to all who respond to this opportunity.