About Santropol Roulant
Santropol Roulant uses food as a vehicle to break social and economic isolation between generations and cultures. Creatively and collaboratively, we strengthen and nourish our local community with our novel approaches to active youth engagement, urban food systems, food security and community care.
About the Position
Santropol Roulant is looking for an organized and positive person to join our team as a part-time Fundraising Administrator. The candidate will contribute her/his energy toward building and sustaining strong connections with Santropol Roulant’s donors.
The position will allow the successful candidate to gain experience in fundraising in the context of a community organization and to familiarize themselves with a diverse funding base.
Supported by the fundraising team, the Fundraising Administrator will participate in the activities of the Fundraising program, particularly those pertaining to building individual donor relations.
- Input donations and update donor information in the fundraising database
- Participate in the development of donor recognition and donor stewardship
- Track and analyze giving patterns using the fundraising database
- File and organize fundraising documents
- Write and send thank you cards or letters of receipt to donors
- Coordinate volunteers to support with donor recognition tasks when needed
- Maintain communications with individual and monthly donors in order to deepen relationships
- Process monthly donations
- Process client payments
- Prepare and print tax receipts for donations
We are looking for candidates who
- Are detail oriented
- Have great time management and prioritization skills
- Are familiar with databases
- Believe in the mission of Santropol Roulant
- Have strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Can take initiative and work independently
- Can work in English and French
- Feel comfortable working in a sparkling work environment
- Administrative experience is an asset
This is a part-time position (8 hours a week). This is a six month contract to cover a maternity leave. The forecasted start date is early march 2014. This is a salaried position at $12.00 per hour.
To apply, please email a cover letter addressed to the Fundraising Administrator hiring committee and your Curriculum vitae to rh(at)santropolroulant.org or feel drop off your application at our offices at 111 Roy East by February 24th, 2014 at 9:00am. Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will take place the week of February 24th. For more information, contact Pier at 514-284-9335, write to rh(at)santropolroulant.org, visit www.santropolroulant.org, or stop by our offices.
Santropol Roulant is an inclusive environment. We welcome a diversity of applicants including those from traditionally under-represented groups.