Vancouver Co-operative Radio, CFRO, 100.5 FM is a non-profit, listener-supported, multi-lingual community station that has provided Vancouver with alternative public affairs, music, and arts programming since 1975. Co-op Radio provides a space for under-represented voices and perspectives. The Development Assistant is responsible for supporting the current staff and board in implementing communication-related components of the station’s fundraising plan with a particular focus on developing communication systems that nurture donor relationships. This is a temporary part-time position reporting to the Director of Member Services.
HOURS: 80 hours per month; scheduling of hours is flexible
DEADLINE: Tuesday February 25, 2014 at 10am
WAGE: $17/hr plus 12% in lieu of vacation and benefits, for a total of $19.04/hr
DATES: March 15 through August 31, 2014
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Using the station’s fundraising plan as a foundation, the Development Assistant will work in conjunction with the Board of Directors and Staff Collective to improve communication systems and implement fundraising projects with concrete deliverables.
- Setting up communication systems and writing content related to fundraising for projects such as e-newsletters (using Constant Contact) and letters/emails to members (via DonorPerfect)
- Collaborating in the development and effective use of our new donor-based database (DonorPerfect) and mailing systems
- Creating effective communications that solicit contributions for specific fundraising campaigns, including writing, executing, and following up on ‘asks’
- Supporting the board, staff, and volunteers in developing communications related to fundraising initiatives, such as letters and phone scripts
- Evaluating current practices for on-air member drives and implementing new communication strategies with the goal of improved results
- Grant writing support and other related duties as required
- Communications experience in a non-profit setting with a focus on donor development and/or equivalent training
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: clear written and verbal communication; meticulous attention to detail
- Well-developed computer skills including Microsoft Office and donor-based database software
- Experience with DonorPerfect and Constant Contact an asset
- Demonstrated project management, tracking, and reporting skills
- Ability to work independently on a project and see it to completion
- Capacity to give and accept feedback; ability and comfort working with a diverse range of people
Please submit your cover letter and resume in one PDF document labelled yourfirstname_yourlastname.pdf and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include a second PDF with a sample ask letter tailored to Co-op Radio. Application Deadline: Tuesday February 25, 2014 at 10am.
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Vancouver Co-operative Radio is an affirmative action employer.
25 Feb 2014
Vancouver Co-operative Radio
Vancouver British ColumbiaCanada