Location: To be determined
Terms of employment: Temporary Full-time (2 year contract at 37.5 hours per week)
CEDEC is seeking a candidate to coordinate a project leading work with partners and community members to identify opportunities and build plans to increase economic opportunities for English-speaking women living in the Magdalen Islands. The project will build upon strategic partnerships, research and needs assessments and will lead to the development and implementation of a strategic plan that will capitalize on local assets and opportunities, contributing to the economic security and prosperity of women.
Expectations and Responsibilities
- Create a working committee composed of community stakeholders and citizens to consult on issues and opportunities for the project
- Assist partners and stakeholders with the development of needs/opportunities assessment(s)
- Assist partners and stakeholders with the development of strategies and plans to address needs and opportunities
- Develop good practice profiles to share with other communities
The requirements for this position are as follows:
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Two years of experience in a related field
- Possesses excellent written and verbal skills in English (French skills an asset)
- Strong computer literacy with demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office (including Publisher, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Will work in a flexible structure
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to follow directives and work independently as necessary
- Takes initiative while being a good team player
- Ability to process and act on information in a deadline driven environment
In addition, CEDEC seeks a person of integrity with the ability to inspire and engage others in Community Economic Development and Employability activities that will generate positive results.
Subit an Application:
CEDEC is a leading partner and driving force for community economic development and employability. A volunteer driven organization, CEDEC sparks economic innovation in building forward-looking, prosperous and confident communities across Quebec through sharing expertise, knowledge and building partnerships.
For more information about CEDEC, visit www.cedec.ca.
Resumes should be sent to email@example.com and include Reference Number: 20140213 in the subject line. Deadline to apply is February 25, 2014 at 5 pm.
CEDEC is funded by the Government of Canada’s Enabling Fund.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. We wish to express our appreciation to all who respond to this opportunity.
25 Feb 2014