* Maternity Leave Contract
With exceptional listening and compassion skills, and the ability to translate Vancity's Good Money™ brand promise to our members, the succesful candidate for this role will also possess two to three years related experience in community development and a strong knowledge of the community of Surrey.
The Housing Specialist (Coordinator) reports to the Community Projects Manager.
Key areas of accountability for this role are:
- Coordinate and/or execute Surrey Homelessness and Housing Society (SHHS) work-plan administration and activites enabling the achievement of program objectives.
- Coordinate the development of internal and external communication plans as they relate to the SHHS program enabling an increased awareness of campaigns.
- Provide ongoing technical advice to applicants on the SHHS Fund granting process from application to funding/denial stage consistent with granting standards.
- Maintain stakeholder relationships as they relate to the SHHS Program enabling a seamless donor experience and the achievement of campaign objectives.
Here at Vancity, we have a consistent set of expectations for all employees:
- Work effectively and with full commitment on the tasks assigned by your manager.
- Give your manager your best advice.
- Stay within policy.
- Basic business acumen in the context of the financial industry.
- Basic communication and interpersonal skills to respond to queries, explain policies and procedures and exchange information to assist the designated functional unit or program/project.
- Solid planning and coordination skills to assist in the program/project planning activities, coordinate schedules and timelines, and coordinate events.
- Basic knowledge of the concepts, practices and techniques of the related field.
- Solid knowledge of the relevant Vancity policies, procedures, systems and software.
Two to three years related experience.
26 Mar 2014
Vancouver British ColumbiaCanada