FRANCAIS: Si vous préférez cette description d’emplois d’été en français, s’il vous plaît contacter firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA’S for the Young Canada Works (YCW) program carefully.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada
- Note: Non-Canadian students holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
- Must be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment
- Do not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with YCW
- Have been a full-time student (as defined by your educational institution) in the semester preceding the YCW job
- Intend to return to full-time studies in the semester following the YCW job
- Do not receive employment insurance benefits (E.I.) while employed with YCW
- Did not previously participate or receive a salary in the framework of this internship program or another Career Focus program funded under the government of Canada's youth employment strategy
- The student must travel 125 km or more from his/her residence to the place of work. (Some cases of reverse exodus can be discussed with the delivery organization). This is ideal for students from other are as of Canada who are studying at colleges and universities in Ottawa.
The Research and Communications Assistant (RCA) will work with the Manager of Research and Education to communicate new knowledge about co-operatives and community development. The position will support the major dissemination initiatives of a 5 year research project measuring the impact of co-operative businesses on communities across Canada. The RCA will take leadership in developing web content, supporting the development of webinars, print materials, infographics and other communications materials.
TERM: 14 weeks, anticipated start date May 1, 2014
HOURS: 35 hours per week
WAGE: $14 per hour, statutory benefits only
RESPONSIBLE TO: Manager of Research and Education
- Working in graphic programs to produce info-graphics and design for printing
- Planning the fall webinar series (3 webinars)
- Compiling research findings into briefs as needed
- Updating the website weekly and adding content to social media as required
- Supporting the planning of research events and conferences
- Communicating with researchers to gather research findings/transfer into communications pieces
- Reviewing papers and summarizes into short text
- Other duties as assigned
- See eligibility criteria above for other necessary qualifications
- Bilingual (written and spoken French and English) preferred
- Knowledge of communications including clear writing, professional phone and email communications and design and graphic design knowledge
- Knowledge of research writing, plain language communication and experience summarizing research considered valuable
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team
- Possesses a mature demeanor and an eagerness to learn
- A commitment to community development, co-operative businesses and the betterment of society considered an asset
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume with cover letter to the attention of CMC Hiring Manager via email: email@example.com. Due to the typical volume of applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted. No phone calls or email follow up please.
Anticipated start date May 1, 2014. This ad will be posted until the position is filled.
Si vous préférez cette description d’emplois d'été en français, s'il vous plaît contacter firstname.lastname@example.org