About the Canadian CED Network
The Canadian Community Economic Development (CED) Network is a values-based, non-profit organization committed to strengthening the social, economic, and environmental conditions of Canadian communities. We have several hundred members throughout Canada working at the grassroots level in rural, urban, Aboriginal and northern settings. As a member-led Network, CCEDNet engages a broad and inclusive range of community interests in common efforts to influence policy, create stronger and fairer local economies, tackle poverty and homelessness, and invest in sustainable communities. Our national administrative office is in Québec, and CCEDNet staff are located in Ontario, Manitoba and British Columbia. For more information on the network please visit our website: www.ccednet-rcdec.ca
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Manitoba Regional Director inspires action and champions initiatives to achieve the goals set by CCEDNet's governing bodies. Accountable for Manitoba operations and business planning, you ensure that programs, communications and resources are continually enhanced to deliver member value and organizational performance. You lead in a way that creates a culture of possibility, action and outcomes and core to your role is ensuring effective work by all staff while at the same time providing them the space to lead, innovate and be responsive to member priorities. You also play an important external role, building relations with members, stakeholders, partners, the media, governments, funders, and the public. As the key spokesperson and advocate, you further strengthen CCEDNet-Manitoba's policy impact by leveraging its credibility and the many partnerships it has forged to achieve its mission. You lead efforts to grow sustainable and innovative sources of revenue for the Network and the CED sector.
As the ideal candidate, you are an inclusive, empowering, and decisive leader who fosters a culture of learning, excellence, and accountability in your team. You bring existing funder relationships, proven revenue generating experience, and management experience. You are an energizing professional with exceptional relationship abilities and business skills. You are a strong communicator that can build and sustain relations with a range of interests, including staff, members, governments, funders, partners and the media. Your knowledge of the CED and social enterprise sector in Manitoba and Canada will serve you well.
Workplace culture is important to CCEDNet. Located in Winnipeg's Social Enterprise Centre, CCEDNet-Manitoba's office and the environment of the building is collaborative and open. This provides many opportunities to connect with members, potential members, and other stakeholders. You enable a dynamic, efficient and flexible working environment with the staff team.
- Seeking resources to achieve the objectives identified in CCEDNet’s strategic plan or by Manitoba members.
- Overseeing all CCEDNet-Manitoba events, initiatives and programs including but not limited to Spark, the Gathering, Enterprising Non-Profits-Manitoba, the Learning Series, research projects, and others.
- Hiring, mentoring, evaluating and supervising Manitoba program staff, interns, and students.
- Coordinating and carrying out networking, learning and information brokering activities for CCEDNet members in Manitoba and outreach to potential members and partners.
- Engaging members in the identification of priority policy recommendations and taking steps towards those recommendations being adopted
- Providing outreach support to other regions of Canada
- Overseeing Manitoba communications activities, including the Manitoba CCEDNet webpages, regional newsletters and blog postings, and contributing to CCEDNet national communications by content curation.
- Representing CCEDNet at events and conferences as well as in partnerships or collaborative projects as required.
- At least five years experience managing non-governmental organizations, with multiple stakeholders and funding sources
- Knowledge of community economic development and social enterprise
- A background in business development and funder relations
- Experience of public policy development and public relations to advance social, economic and ecological sustainability
- Experience managing staff in a collaborative team environment
- A track record of supporting non profit and member-based organizational structures
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to travel
Compensation: $56k - $69k depending on qualifications and experience, plus extended health and dental benefits, advantageous leave entitlements and professional development opportunities.
Applicants should email a letter of application and CV to info at ccednet-rcdec.ca with subject line Manitoba Regional Director.
|Send Applications by August 1st to:||Michael Toye
The Canadian CED Network
info at ccednet-rcdec.ca
CCEDNet is an equal opportunity employer and strives for a fair, cooperative, respectful and safe environment that protects and promotes the human rights and affirms the dignity of all persons. CCEDNet is committed to the principle of equal access to employment and term-specific contractual opportunities and welcomes applications from diverse backgrounds.
We appreciate all applications. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.