Reference Number: 20140829
Location: Magdalen Islands
Terms of employment: Temporary full-time (4 month contract at 37.5 hours per week)
CEDEC is seeking a candidate to assist with a project leading work with partners and community members to identify opportunities and build plans to increase economic opportunities for women living in the Magdalen Islands. The project will build upon strategic partnerships, research and needs assessments and will lead to the development and implementation of a plan that will capitalize on local assets and opportunities, contributing to the economic security and prosperity of women.
Expectations and Responsibilities
- Maintain regular communications with local organizations and community members involved in the project
- Recruit participants for the needs assessment by phone, e-mail, and social media
- Recruit participants for the women's committee by phone, e-mail and social media
- Provide logistical support for project events and meetings
- Help create and distribute project information through various communications channels
The requirements for this position are as follows:
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Two years of experience in a related field
- Possesses excellent written and verbal skills in English and French
- Strong computer literacy with demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office (including Publisher, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to follow directives and work independently as necessary
- Takes initiative while being a good team player
- Ability to process and act on information in a deadline driven environment
In addition, CEDEC seeks a person of integrity with the ability to inspire and engage others in Community Economic Development and Employability activities that will generate positive results.
CEDEC is a leading partner and driving force for community economic development and employability. A volunteer driven organization, CEDEC sparks economic innovation in building forward-looking, prosperous and confident communities across Quebec through sharing expertise, knowledge and building partnerships.
Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Reference Number: 20140829 in the subject line. Deadline to apply is September 11, 2014 at 5 pm.
CEDEC is funded by the Government of Canada's Enabling Fund.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. We wish to express our appreciation to all who respond to this opportunity.
11 Sep 2014
Magdalen Islands QuebecCanada