Santropol Roulant is seeking an innovative, personable and socially-motivated entrepreneur to join our team.
About Santropol Roulant
Santropol Roulant uses food as a vehicle to break social isolation between generations. Creatively and collaboratively, we strengthen and nourish our local community with our novel approaches to active community engagement, youth leadership, food security and social inclusion.
The Roulant's staff is young and dynamic with job descriptions and responsibilities that sometimes exceed their experience. As such, opportunities to learn and grow are key benefits of working at Santropol Roulant. Our working culture supports staff members in developing the skills required to ensure that our collective impact matches organizational and personal aspirations.
About Santropol Roulant
In the past few years, Santropol Roulant has launched several social entrepreneurial initiatives in order to diversify our funding base and increase our financial autonomy: selling frozen meals, offering catering services and renting out community space. The Entrepreneurship and Marketing Coordinator is responsible for growing these activities and Santropol Roulant's capacity to generate revenue internally that feeds our mission and values. The chosen candidate will have the opportunity to manage these projects at times collaboratively and at times autonomously, with responsibilities ranging from logistical details to budget oversight and the development of communications materials, all within the context of a dynamic community organisation. As a member of the fundraising team, the Entrepreneurship and Marketing Coordinator will also support Santropol Roulant's global fundraising efforts.
- Manage and promote the rental of the second floor and rooftop garden spaces with special focus on providing quality customer service;
- In collaboration with the Kitchen Co-Manager, manage and promote our catering service to ensure high standards of service and client satisfaction;
- Manage and promote Santropol Roulant's frozen meal service, including tracking inventory and carrying out deliveries;
- Support the Community Food Transformation Coordinator in the promotion and management of the sale of transformed products.
Budget management and program development:
- Establish annual targets and oversee auto-financed revenue and expenses throughout the year
- Evaluate auto-financed activities regularly, adapting them as necessary to help ensure that targets are met.
- Support staff members with their own social entrepreneurship activities;
- Create a marketing strategy and prepare communication tools related to auto-finance activities;
- Collect data about our existing customers to help grow our client base
- In collaboration with the Director of Development, lead the planning of major fundraising events like the Froot Cup soccer tournament and annual fundraising Gala;
- Develop creative ways to involve volunteers in fundraising;
- Write grants related to the auto-finance program;
- Steward strong relationships with clients and donors;
- Support the fundraising team with the development of fundraising tools, strategies and communications as needed.
Collective Staff Responsibilities:
- Participate in weekly staff meetings (including taking turns to facilitate), hiring committees, collective staff evaluations, shared cleaning responsibilities, office tasks, and supporting other program areas as needed.
We are looking for candidates with the following interests, skills and experience:
- Experience with event planning;
- Experience in marketing;
- Keen interest in social entrepreneurship;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in either French or English and good comprehension and verbal skills in second language;
- Experience fundraising within the non-profit sector is an asset;
- Experience in grant-writing is an asset.
- Driver's license is an asset
Personal Qualities and Interests
- A strong desire to work towards Santropol Roulant's mission
- Self-motivated, strong sense of initiative and ability to meet deadlines;
- Strong organizational skills and good sense of foresight;
- Excellent interpersonal and team work skills;
- Excited about working in a collaborative and dynamic work environment;
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities;
- Experience working as part of a team and collaborating with others.
- Desire to care for the condition and arrangement of physical space, and attentive to how it affects how people relate to one another.
This is a full-time (40 hr/week, Monday to Friday) permanent position with a forecasted start date in early February 2015. In order to supervise rentals, the candidate may need to work early mornings or evenings (on average of 6 times per month) and on Saturdays (1 per month) and adjust their work schedule accordingly with the support of the Human Resources director. Additionally, they may be required to support other organizational needs by working a Tuesday to Saturday schedule during 6 months of the year, especially during the summertime. This is a salaried position at $15.00 per hour, in accordance with Santropol Roulant's Salary Policy which also includes health and professional development benefits and annual salary augmentations. We ask for a minimum commitment of 2 years.
To apply, please drop off or email your CV and cover letter to the Entrepreneurship and Marketing Coordinator at 111 Roy East or rh at santropolroulant.org by Friday January 9th at 9 am. Due to the large volume of applications anticipated, we unfortunately will only be contacting candidates chosen for an interview. Interviews will take place the week of January 12th .
As an organization that works to break social and economic isolation and bring people together across social barriers, Santropol Roulant recognizes that people who experience structural oppression and marginalization have a lot to offer our community. People of colour, those recently arrived from other countries, people with disabilities, women, two-spirited and queer people, trans people, and other candidates who experience marginalization are strongly encouraged to apply and to self-identify in their cover letter.
Our primary office space is step-free and has an accessible washroom, but our second floor and basement are not wheelchair accessible. Please contact Stephanie if you have any questions about the accessibility of our work area or your participation in an interview process.