LearnSphere Canada Inc. is an alliance of companies and institutions involved in providing training and education solutions to government, corporate and international development markets. As a broker of opportunities, LearnSphere represents a critical mass of learning content, giving the organization the ability to secure contracts in areas that would typically be unattainable by individual, smaller suppliers. LearnSphere helps members/associates expand into new markets through innovative business alliances. The group was formed in 1995 and currently manages contracts worth over $7.0 million.
Project Managers at LearnSphere have the overall responsibility of planning and managing a number of projects to their successful conclusion. They are also responsible to assist in the latter stages of business development which deals primarily with project design and bid preparation. Project Managers need to have excellent management skills to shift between various projects and responsibilities. Managers report directly to the COO of LearnSphere.
Work duties include:
- Managing at a strategic level all the projects under his/her supervision and ensuring desired results are achieved within their respective timelines and budgets;
- Supervising the work of project coordinators and other team members to motivate and influence them to put in the effort necessary to accomplish the given tasks successfully and efficiently;
- Developing and managing project budgets;
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients and team members (Associates, partners and outside consultants);
- Acting as a liaison between the client and the team members at a strategic level;
- Dealing with problems that may arise within projects or issues with team members (staff, clients, partners and/or stakeholders);
- Preparing project reports on a regular basis;
- Managing contracts;
- Attending client meetings and making presentations when required;
- Keeping the Senior Management team informed on results, challenges and changes/improvements required;
- Assisting with business development activities in support of the CEO and other staff. This includes assisting in bid preparation, design work, etc;
- Looking for strategic opportunities to “up sell or cross‐sell” with current clients;
Qualification and Experience
University graduate with a minimum 3‐5 years of experience as a project manager or equivalent education and experience. Must have experience in managing multi‐disciplinary teams made up of internal and external resources. The ideal candidate must possess strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, ideally is bilingual in English and French and possesses strong writing skills. Must have good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Competencies and Skills
- Strong diagnostic and problem solving capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Fostering teamwork
- Strong performance management skills
- Ability to influence and guide
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Computer skills
- Financial management skills
To apply, please send a cover letter, a copy of your CV and two (2) references to info at learnsphere.ca by Wednesday, January 28, 2015. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.