BC Healthy Communities Society (BCHC) is a provincial not-for-profit society that provides Healthy Communities services, tools, resources and supports to community organizations and local governments across BC to build healthier, resilient, sustainable communities.
In this new position with the organization, we are seeking someone who brings a passion for community development and who thrives in organizing the fine details to pull off exceptional events. As someone who thinks quickly on your feet, you are comfortable with managing a range of details for a range of events for a range of people all at the same time. You are comfortable with complexity and flexible to work with potentially changing timelines. Bringing critical thinking skills and attention to detail, you work with, and support, the whole team in providing high quality events, activities and experiences for the communities we work with across the province.
The Events and Logistics Coordinator works closely with the BCHC team as part of a highly collaborative learning organization. In this role you will act as a key liaison for communities and our team to support the planning and implementation of a range of events, services and activities. Your role will be twofold: providing ongoing day to day logistical and administrative supports for BCHC program and project events and activities (bookings, registrations, outreach, compilation of event evaluation forms, budgets, etc), and working closely with our Learning and Development team, play a lead role in overseeing the planning and logistical coordination of a high profile provincial symposium (for 2016).
- Working closely with the BCHC Learning and Development Team, will be the lead in logistical planning, oversight and coordination of a high-profile provincial symposium (to take place in 2016.)
- Logistical and administrative planning and oversight of a range of small and large events including workshops, learning events, webinars and regional forums. Day to day tasks include:
- Liaising with community members and partners, working closely with BCHC team members and Associates;
- Supporting outreach and communications to event participants and partners;
- Preparing letters and mailout packages;
- Working with our Communications Specialist to support outreach & promotion of events;
- Booking travel/accommodation and other logistics for facilitation team;
- Oversight of event registration-setting up, monitoring and compiling;
- Ordering event supplies, preparing event materials (organize handouts, ppt, printouts, banners, etc);
- Organizing printing and shipping;
- Tracking and oversight of event logistics budget, invoicing, etc;
- Compiling, entering and tracking event data, statistics and other information for use as analysis, reports and communication outreach; and
- Developing event summaries and reports.
- Overall office administration such as:
- Managing and maintaining inventories and databases, daily use of CRM (Insightly);
- Provide administrative and data collection support for grant programs; and
- Providing overall logistical supports for BCHC program and project activities and initiatives as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Team player who works well in a collaborative team environment.
- Highly organized, strong focus on detail and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal and project/time management skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills, is innovative and a quick learner.
- Is a self-starter and works efficiently and seeks to improve efficiencies.
- Efficient multi-tasker, able to handle multiple priorities and work to tight deadlines.
- Flexibility: able to adapt to different people and work assignments.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, systems thinker (can also see the big picture).
- Values life-long learning and holistic, integrated thinking.
- A love for life and has a good sense of humour.
DESIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with non-profit/community development/health promotion.
- Events planning/coordination experience.
- Relevant post secondary education.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience.
- Strong computer skills -proficient using a MAC with a knack for learning new programs.
- Good at trouble shooting/ (web) technically savvy.
LIFE AT BCHC
BCHC offers a progressive workplace culture that encourages leadership and learning. The Benefits of working at BCHC include:
- Supportive, respectful team that ‘walks-the-talk’ around personal health and sustainability.
- Office space in a Green Workplace; our LEED gold building has high indoor air quality, fresh air, natural light and end-of-trip facilities for your active transportation commute.
- Allowance for flexible hours when needed and consideration of a part-time home office.
- Opportunities for professional development to support your growth and development.
Compensation range is competitive and based on experience. Approximate wage range between $30,000- $37,000.
For more information about BC Healthy Communities Society, please see: www.bchealthycommunities.ca
- Please title the subject line of your email: Events and Logistics Coordinator - First Name Last Name
- Example: Events and Logistics Coordinator -Jodi Mucha
- Please title your resume and cover letter: First Name Last Name_Resume Events and Logistics, First Name Last Name_Cover Events and Logistics (you are also welcome to combine your cover and resume into 1 document). Example: Jodi Mucha_Resume Events and Logistics, Jodi Mucha_Cover Events and Logistics
- Send a cover letter and resume to: Jodi Mucha at Jodi at bchealthycommunities.ca
Application Deadline: June 15, 2015, 4:30PM PST
** No enquires please. Only successful candidates will be contacted