Saskatchewan Co-operative Association (SCA) is accepting applications for the Project Supervisor position within the Youth Co-operative Entrepreneurship Program (YCEP). This position is a temporary full-time position for the period of June 29 – August 25, 2015, pending funding.
SCA is a provincial coalition of co-operatives, and credit unions. We are a community service co-operative working to
support and promote the co-operative model for community and economic development. SCA’s work focuses on: cooperative development, community, business and government relations, youth education and involvement, and member
services and communications.
YCEP is a youth employment and education project for youth in Saskatoon and Meadow Lake. Through the creation of their own mock worker co-operative, youth provide needed services and create their own economic opportunities in local communities. Participants will participate in hands-on practical skills building and entrepreneurship training. With your strong communication, planning and facilitation skills, the Project Supervisor will facilitate the delivery of the YCEP program by completing the duties, including but not limited to the following:
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day supervision and support for YCEP participants.
- Engage in marketing and promotions for YCEP.
- Arrange on-the-ground logistics.
- Assist and engage in organizing promotional activities, marketing the program and raising awareness in the local community.
- Organize and prepare meetings and events with various stakeholders.
- Guide the participants and assist in decision making.
- Provide assistance and guidance for participants.
Education and Experience:
- Enrolled as a student at a post-secondary school or institution and returning to full-time studies after the period of employment.
- Resident of Saskatchewan.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Knowledge of the co-operative sector in Saskatchewan.
- Knowledge of entrepreneurship and business development.
- Experience working with youth.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Desire to work with a diverse group of teenagers.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Basic proficiency with social media.
- Valid driver’s license preferred.
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a routine criminal record check.
Interested persons should submit a resume with three references and an indication of which site you would like to be
considered for by 5:00pm CST June 22, 2015.
Saskatchewan Co-operative Association thanks all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those
candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is one of two Project Supervisor positions available for YCEP. The other position is located in Meadow Lake.