The Winnipeg Food Share Co-op (WFC) is a non-profit social enterprise cooperative that specializes in the procurement and distribution of fresh fruits and vegetables. WFC is responding to a need for healthy, accessible and affordable food for inner city families of low income, and contributes to a sense of community in the neighbourhoods it serves.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the successful operation of the co-operative’s Good Food Box Program & Bulk Purchasing Program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate activities relating to the Good Food Box program, including packing and delivery
- Coordinate activities relating to the Bulk Purchasing Program, including delivery
- Manage and oversee volunteers
- Coordinate distribution of marketing materials, as directed
- Ensure that programming activities are undertaken according to budget
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge and experience in Community Development approaches and practices
- Knowledge of the grocery/restaurant/food industry and food security issues
- Ability to do physical labour & lift up to 50lbs
- Hold a Class 5 Driver’s License
- Knowledge of the neighbourhoods and organizations who the co-op serves
- Experience with co-operatives
- Knowledge of CED principles
- Knowledge of food safety practices
Wage & Hours: $15/hr for 16-18 hours per week. Shifts will be on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays during the day.
Term: September 8, 2015 – December 18, 2015, with possibility of renewal in 2016.
Please apply with resume and cover letter by Friday, August 21st to vanessa at foodsharecoop.com