Are you interested in engaging residents, community partners and colleagues to address issues and opportunities to enhance the quality of life in Edmonton?
If so, the Family and Community Supports section of the Neighbourhoods Branch of Community Services is looking to hire you!
Within this role you will:
- Provide leadership and support in the coordination, management and implementation of City Council directed initiatives, including the Gender Based Violence and Sexual Assault Prevention and the Urban Isolation/Mental Health Initiatives and complex multi partner projects
- Apply advanced research, analysis and project development skills to specialized urban and civic issues, including emerging social and community trends to produce reports and recommendations for policy and program changes to Senior Management and City Council
- Provide project management leadership and support to the Family & Community Supports team
- Lead in the development of associated performance measures /targets of Section projects
- Establish and maintain positive collaborative working relationships with internal partners, counterparts in other orders of government and community stakeholders
- Create public engagement plans and processes according to City Policy & Procedures
- Manage vendor relationships, contracts and project teams that support and advance Council Initiatives
- Completion of a Master degree in Public Administration, Planning/Policy Studies, Sociology, Human Ecology, Recreation Administration, Social Work, Business Administration, or a related field
- Minimum 3 years in project management, research management and strategy development in the areas of community and social planning
- Proven skills in research and analytical interpretation of data
- Demonstrated knowledge of skills and/or training in group facilitation, public engagement processes and standard research techniques
- Project Management, Public Engagement & facilitation training and/or certification is an asset
- Proficiency in written and verbal communications with corporate, community clients and colleagues
- Superior organization and time management skills to support the administration of concurrent initiatives and projects
- Experience in a large organization or public sector is an asset
- Proficiency with the Google platform and knowledge of social media as a tool to enhance public engagement, research and analysis
- Hire is dependent upon a Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector check satisfactory to the City of Edmonton
- Valid Alberta Class 5 driver's licence (or provincial equivalent).
- Must arrange own transportation to be reimbursed in accordance with City of Edmonton policy. This may require business auto insurance
Hours of Work: 33.75 hours per week, Monday - Friday. Hours of work may be subject to the terms and conditions of a variable hours of work program
Salary Range: $42.050 - $53.134 (Hourly), $74,081.59 - $93,608.82 (Annually)