The Executive Director is responsible for the leadership and management of the organization according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors. The ED will work according to principles of community economic development to meet the objectives set out in the Vibrant Portage Community and Social Development Plan. They will be a strong supporter of Portage la Prairie and will collaborate with multiple sectors, stakeholder and citizens to realize the PCRC’s vision of a Vibrant Portage la Prairie Working Together. They will be responsible for the management of PCRC’s operations including project planning and evaluation, community relations, human resources and financial management.
- Relevant post-secondary degree or combination of education and related experience.
- Experience in a Management position; proven effective management of human resources, financial resources, project planning and organizational development
- Strong leadership skills, strategic goal setting, and ability to meet objectives
- Previous experience working with a volunteer Board of Directors.
- Strong collaboration skills with a variety of stakeholders and sectors.
- Experience in fundraising and writing funding proposals.
- Working knowledge of community groups and social services in Portage la Prairie.
- Strong interest in community development through community engagement.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
Please submit a resume and cover letter by 4:30 pm October 26, 2015 to info at portagecrc.com or B-56 Royal Road North, Portage la Prairie, MB R1N 1V1 Contact (204) 240-7272 for a detailed job description or more information.